The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 45) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: February 13, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on December 2 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $129.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 900 Sets, Numbered 1-900. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Glow in the Dark, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 3D + Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

92FADD48-0003-4DF5-A667-B535FC5104CB.jpeg
A7595ADC-FDFA-47A0-A61C-2B350CDAF384.jpeg
839F42C3-CDB1-4B4B-BD82-89B84135F98B.jpeg

This is turning out to be a pretty poor set.
One steelbook is debossed another isn’t, titles on the spine don’t match (steelbook or slip). I have to say that I’m really disappointed with this set.
i just want the first part and the full slip is pretty much the perfect edition *imo*

id be annoyed if i wanted the set and the set didnt match..

This is turning out to be a pretty poor set.
One steelbook is debossed another isn’t, titles on the spine don’t match (steelbook or slip). I have to say that I’m really disappointed with this set.

What are you saying, that steelbooks have different treatment? Huh...

Because the 4th movie s*cked, so Manta couldn't be bothered debossing the Resurrections steelbooks.
I’ll bite, Reloaded and Revolutions were not very good sequels. I’ll even go as far as to say that Resurrections makes up for the rubbish ending of Revolutions.
At the end of the day only The Matrix was any good and though the sequels may well be **** (or not depending on your own pov) I still want a matching set!

I’ll bite, Reloaded and Revolutions were not very good sequels. I’ll even go as far as to say that Resurrections makes up for the rubbish ending of Revolutions.
At the end of the day only The Matrix was any good and though the sequels may well be **** (or not depending on your own pov) I still want a matching set!
IMO if you don’t like 2 or 3 then you shouldn’t even buy any of them :)-

Reactions: Granada
IMO if you don’t like 2 or 3 then you shouldn’t even buy any of them :)
I like a complete set as there are plenty of movie franchises where I don’t think much of half the movies.
I think it would look a bit silly with gaps all over the place but I guess you are entitled to an opinion ;)

I like a complete set as there are plenty of movie franchises where I don’t think much of half the movies.
I think it would look a bit silly with gaps all over the place but I guess you are entitled to an opinion ;)
I get it. I have OCD for certain things also. I just have more empathy and rather let someone who actually wants it to have it. You’re acting like the title of the film is The Matrix Part 1 ;)

I rewatched the trilogy recently and I enjoyed every movie a lot. I even like 2 and 3 better now than I did back then. Honestly they are really solid movies, of course no master pieces like the first one, but still pretty good. Especially if you compare them to a lot of franchise movies nowadays, they just have a uniqueness to them.

You’re acting like the title of the film is The Matrix Part 1 ;)
Yeah, thankfully it's not Lucas.

Tarantino thinks the same, in fact he shares a concept I think many disregard, that bad or disappointing sequels can ruin the overall impression of the original, which I wholly agree with:

I rewatched the trilogy recently and I enjoyed every movie a lot. I even like 2 and 3 better now than I did back then. Honestly they are really solid movies, of course no master pieces like the first one, but still pretty good. Especially if you compare them to a lot of franchise movies nowadays, they just have a uniqueness to them.
i never had problems with 2 & 3, but i was born with good taste :whistle:

i never had problems with 2 & 3, but i was born with good taste :whistle:
I can't remember the world before the 3rd one, but I do know thatI thought 2 was really good at the time, but that was because I saw an ending (which I no longer remember) that made the 2nd one great.
That said, they play better now than they did then, but the Matrix is a great movie and the rest are just Ok...though i guess I need to rewatch the 4th to decide what I think of it. I can't remember if I liked it or not.

Reactions: Aniv