The Matrix Resurrections (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 48) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 29, 2022
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order on May 27, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $145.98 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish.
Box Set: 1000 Sets, Numbered 1-1000. Matrix Reloaded Homage Design, Glow in Dark Effect Embossing, Spot Gloss, Box Set Premium: Glow in Dark Matrix Déjà Vu Cat High End Figure (approximately 10cm).
Full Slip: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1500 Units, Numbered 1-1500. 2 x 3D+Flip Lenticular , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Matrix4_overall_box_v2_5000x.jpgMatrix_FS_packshot_5000x.jpgMatrix_DLS_packshot_5000x.jpg
Matrix4_steelbook_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
So if you collect say Nikes, your supposed to buy EVERY thing they release? Even the the disgusting ones?

Possibly, I don’t collect Nike’s. Wouldn't know

It could apply to everything really. When do you draw the line? Depends how stupid you are with your money I guess....

Not really. because that logic would
Apply to what I actually collect. Steelbooks/ collectors editions/ vinyl/ figures. So with what your saying I’d buy everything released. But in this instance I chose one retailer to collect all their exclusives. For music I collect arctic monkeys and gorillaz stuff/ for Blu ray I collect wes Anderson criterion releases etc. There are lines drawn under the madness

It’s no different to people who do the same for nova, PA, blufans, mondo x wave, MCU films, Drive. It’s a set collection that I decided to collect them all for. And I guarantee that the majority of those people who stick to a retailer or wave to collect all editions that they aren’t happy with some of the artworks. But they kept it up to have a full collection.

And out of around 45ish releases they’ve done pretty well in only giving me 2 previous films I didn’t like and 2 upcoming. Not that bad in the grand scheme of things

And if you think that’s still nuts, there’s some out there that don’t even open them!

Possibly, I don’t collect Nike’s. Wouldn't know

Not really. because that logic would
Apply to what I actually collect. Steelbooks/ collectors editions/ vinyl/ figures. So with what your saying I’d buy everything released. But in this instance I chose one retailer to collect all their exclusives. For music I collect arctic monkeys and gorillaz stuff/ for Blu ray I collect wes Anderson criterion releases etc. There are lines drawn under the madness

It’s no different to people who do the same for nova, PA, blufans, mondo x wave, MCU films, Drive. It’s a set collection that I decided to collect them all for. And I guarantee that the majority of those people who stick to a retailer or wave to collect all editions that they aren’t happy with some of the artworks. But they kept it up to have a full collection.

And out of around 45ish releases they’ve done pretty well in only giving me 2 previous films I didn’t like and 2 upcoming. Not that bad in the grand scheme of things

And if you think that’s still nuts, there’s some out there that don’t even open them!
The funny thing about collecting physical media is that our collections may be completely worthless in 10 years. And I collect both movies and music. My collection is so extensive, yet I usually only enjoy a specific set of titles when the others just sit there collecting dust. That's why I generally only buy what I actually like these days. I've also thought about the possibility of downgrading my collection and having no more than 2 loose editions for my favorite movies, but it's hard letting go of things. It's also hard figuring out what to keep since there are so many nice editions.

Last edited:
Well then, there's your logic.

Why are you questioning it then...?
Because I really don’t like the film lol. The other 2 I didn’t like I can handle but over all not fans. This one proper did me in. Questioning whether I should break the chain or not. That’s all

The funny thing about collecting physical media is that our collections may be completely worthless in 10 years. And I collect both movies and music. My collection is so extensive, yet I usually only enjoy a specific set titles when the others just sit there collecting dust. That's why I generally only buy what I actually like these days. I've also thought about the possibility of downgrading my collection and having no more than 2 loose editions for my favorite movies, but it's hard letting go of things. It's also hard figuring out what ti keeps since there are so many nice editions.
Don’t get me wrong, as a steel collector I’m much more picky than I used to be. Got my orders down massively although the next 2/3 months has a few releases I’m finally interested in. So with manta it’s only them in the Premium steel game that I collect every release. That’s not too bad imo. Considering I still collect from every other retailer. Just not every release

Reactions: Lenny Nero and MM3
I use revolut which is miles better than PayPals conversion and roughly in line with xe. Usually a few pence more which is nothing. But yeah it’s just getting higher and higher.

Do I really want to spend £60 on a film I can’t stand just to keep the manta collection going? That’s what i need to decide. Is it worth it. Same with 2001 when that comes around, although I love the art is it worth it when I hate the film and the cost is now that high per edition.
I use my Monzo card for anything in any other currency as they have no fees too so you get bang on the master card rate that is usually better than Visa. Assume it’ll be a similar rate on Revolut

Use it abroad for fee free cash withdrawals / purchases too which is handy.

Also read your others posts and yeah, I’ll be buying this and haven’t even watched it yet. Been rewatching them all and haven’t quite for around to the third again yet.

Reactions: Flloydo
What do we reakon the flip/ transitional Lentis will be then? Possibly code running down? Or green hue image?