The Middle Earth (Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £299.99 - £269.99

kdTv4B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine just shipped today. Not sure if Amazon did anything special or if its the weight, but it's 2 day shipping across the Atlantic

Reactions: elle82
I wonder if amazon will have this back in stock? Does zavvi remove vat? Im sure they dont.
Im sure unique to me with a 10% off zavvi code still make this experience compared to amazon sites and i can maybe with jb hifi today get 20% off and extra 5% and possible $50 off pending if i buy a discounted gift card which works out cheaper.
Never been a fan of zavvi yes ok within uk but to australia no. Packing is not normally that great.
I do want to grab this at some point but not sure when.
Seems a few amazon sites are already dropping in price.
How limited is this?

Can anyone confirm English text and region coding or region free for this?

If you zoom on the 2nd pic you can see the languages and subtitles, english dts 7.1 and english subs for the hearing impaired. As for the rehion code, i couldn't see anything, but i supoose it is coded the same as the german or the UK release. So region 2 or free.

Also from the product description on amazon it :
esclusiva su Amazon

Lo Hobbit

- Audio: Italiano, Inglese, Francese.
- Sottotitoli: Italiano, Inglese, Francese, Olandese

Il Signore degli Anelli

- Audio: Italiano, Inglese.
- Sottotitoli: Italiano, Inglese, Danese, Finlandese, Greco, Islandese, Norvegese, Svedese.

Diari di Bilbo: lingua Inglese.

If you go to the customer review section and the amazon.it listing page it shows a few pictures posted by the user 'Di Matteo'. It shows that the set has English text on it but the discs themselves have Italian text on them, that is not gonna put me off and im buy this now.

Reactions: TheHutt
Well..... looks like I'm returning my English set lol. I suppose it's kind of cheeky but a £100 difference is a hell of a lot of money.

I feel kind of bad but let's just say Amazon owes me one for the weeks work I done for them that they refused to pay me for