The Middle Earth (Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray) [UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £299.99 - £269.99

kdTv4B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you zoom on the 2nd pic you can see the languages and subtitles, english dts 7.1 and english subs for the hearing impaired. As for the rehion code, i couldn't see anything, but i supoose it is coded the same as the german or the UK release. So region 2 or free.
I think the question referred to the disc packaging and if it was in English. The contents is rather irrelevant (every version out there is equipped with English audio and subtitles).

I think the question referred to the disc packaging and if it was in English. The contents is rather irrelevant (every version out there is equipped with English audio and subtitles).

Right. Judging from the amazon pics it does have english text. Dunno if somebody can confirm this.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the standard blu ray boxset with 30 discs is the exact same as the 30 discs in this set ?
As I want to buy this set from amazon america who have it in stock but its region 1 and will be getting shipped to the uk.
So I was thinking I could just also buy the 60 pound blu ray boxset in the uk just swap the 30 discs if there the exact same.

Does anyone know if the standard blu ray boxset with 30 discs is the exact same as the 30 discs in this set ?
As I want to buy this set from amazon america who have it in stock but its region 1 and will be getting shipped to the uk.
So I was thinking I could just also buy the 60 pound blu ray boxset in the uk just swap the 30 discs if there the exact same.
It would be Cheaper for you to invest in a multi region player!!! :LOL:

Reactions: Joker88
It would be Cheaper for you to invest in a multi region player!!! :LOL:
Your probaly right lol I've got the sony 4k x800 player I know some are multi region not sure if mine is or not , I found out the blu ray discs in this set are region free though not to sure about the dvd extras.
Already purchased off amazon uk through there global store worked out 282 in the end and they've already taken the money strangely even before dispatch which can take 1-2 weeks

Your probaly right lol I've got the sony 4k x800 player I know some are multi region not sure if mine is or not , I found out the blu ray discs in this set are region free though not to sure about the dvd extras.
Already purchased off amazon uk through there global store worked out 282 in the end and they've already taken the money strangely even before dispatch which can take 1-2 weeks
No name brand 4k players are multi region out of the box. So unless you bought the Sony already modified/hacked to be multiregion it will most definitely be region locked.

Reactions: Joker88
No name brand 4k players are multi region out of the box. So unless you bought the Sony already modified/hacked to be multiregion it will most definitely be region locked.
I guess it depends how you consume media. I rip all my stuff to my NAS using either makemkv or anydvd. But if you don’t use an HTPC (anydvd would also remove region locking even if you don’t rip) with an optical drive to play movies or a NAS To stream them, then it’s tough to justify. Sure you could rip them and put them on dual layer Blu Ray disks, but I suspect those disks are expensive.

I guess it depends how you consume media. I rip all my stuff to my NAS using either makemkv or anydvd. But if you don’t use an HTPC (anydvd would also remove region locking even if you don’t rip) with an optical drive to play movies or a NAS To stream them, then it’s tough to justify. Sure you could rip them and put them on dual layer Blu Ray disks, but I suspect those disks are expensive.
From my experience of using the software that you have suggested you can bypass region coding when playing or ripping dvd/Blu-ray BUT when you make 1:1 copies on recordable media (I have used DL BDR) the region coding remains.

I do the same as you, I ripped over 700 movies to file and threw them up on my Synolgy NAS. I use AnyDVD and Handbrake to rip my BluRay's and DVDFab Passkey and DVDFab to rip my UHD discs. I didn't really like MakeMKV as it doesn't compress the files. Then I have a couple of Micro Mini PC's running Win10 and Kodi to stream it all over the house.

Reactions: Steely-Booked
I do the same as you, I ripped over 700 movies to file and threw them up on my Synolgy NAS. I use AnyDVD and Handbrake to rip my BluRay's and DVDFab Passkey and DVDFab to rip my UHD discs. I didn't really like MakeMKV as it doesn't compress the files. Then I have a couple of Micro Mini PC's running Win10 and Kodi to stream it all over the house.
I mostly use Makemkv, but either would work, since I do not compress them (Best Buy regularly sells WD 8TB-12tb drives for around 120-200 usd). Of course I don’t have 700 movies (and for the most part I only rip 4k disks, but I ripped some older Blu Ray disks, because I‘m fairly certain some of these shows.movies won’t make it to 4k anytime soon, if ever).

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Nobody will want this when the 4K's come later this year! :p
The packaging is beyond incredible. Hardcore fans, collectors or people who just want this beautiful presentation of these films will still want this when the 4K box set is out, there is no question about that.