Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £299.99 - £269.99

kdTv4B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So this set is currently showing as £699 via third party seller

It also shows as £279 on Amazon UK (importing from USA). There is also a Middle Earth UCE set that is £240

All look identical - Collectors editions, Wooden case, 30 discs BR & DVD

Anyone able to confirm what the differences are (if any) ?

Thanks

The US import will have the DVDs (bonus discs) locked to Region 1.
But I suspect if one has the original extended editions, they already have all the material on here (unless they also include the extras that were only on the theatrical dvd releases, though i have those too).

I'm on the hunt for this set if anyone is selling... please shoot me a PM! Found a new love for wooden editions after recently getting the Game of Thrones one. :drool:

I'm on the hunt for this set if anyone is selling... please shoot me a PM! Found a new love for wooden editions after recently getting the Game of Thrones one. :drool:

If you're desperate you can get the American release on UK Amazon with global store for £287 + £5.28 postage.

If you're desperate you can get the American release on UK Amazon with global store for £287 + £5.28 postage.

I had seen that, but I've never ordered via Amazon global before and am worried about how they'll pack it plus customs charges. Definitely still considering it though!

EDIT - Just had a closer look and realised import fees are included, so I think I'm gonna go for it... just need to save up the cash now and pray it stays in stock. :ohno:

Last edited:
I bough this set used, out of Australia, on Ebay. The seller was really helpful getting it shipped to New Zealand. It really is a stunning set, and well worth it.

Reactions: Noodles
Went ahead and placed my order yesterday... just got a 1-2 month wait now, since the 3 that were in stock sold not long after we previously discussed it in here. :squint:

Reactions: NinjaMonkey
Is this region Locked?
I wanna place my order but if it's region locked I have to look elsewhere
UK and USA release is from Warner

Blu-ray discs are region free
DVD discs
USA release DVD are Region 1
UK release DVD are Region 2

The only Blu-ray releases that was region locked of lord of the rings films was the original UK 2010/2011 Blu-ray's releases from Entertainment in Video

Later re-releases was from Warner

Reactions: Billy Talent
UK and USA release is from Warner

Blu-ray discs are region free
DVD discs
USA release DVD are Region 1
UK release DVD are Region 2

The only Blu-ray releases that was region locked of lord of the rings films was the original UK 2010/2011 Blu-ray's releases from Entertainment in Video

Later re-releases was from Warner

Thanks I just placed my order had to order from amazon US for some reason amazon UK wont ship to me, total cost $429

zzz.jpg

Well, can't complain with how quickly my set got here... estimated arrival wasn't until the end of the month/beginning of next month and yet it just turned up this morning. That said, I'm either gonna send it back or request a part refund for the condition it arrived in... looks like someone took it for a family day out at the water park! The outer cardboard box was absolutely sodden, but then dried out, so it had stuck to the LOTR box inside, peeling off parts of the artwork when I opened it - one side is a lot worse than the others and even has a massive bashed edge (the outer box had a hole through it). At this point I was a bit like "meh, it's only the outer box", but then comes the actual item... no damage from the water, thankfully. However, there's weird glue smudges and marks to the books throughout... even one of the discs had glue on it and was stuck to the inside of the book! Not only that, but my entire set was dusty as hell, like someone had previously owned it. Apart from all that, it's a stunning set and one I definitely want in my collection, even if it means paying a little more to get one in perfect condition.

Well, can't complain with how quickly my set got here... estimated arrival wasn't until the end of the month/beginning of next month and yet it just turned up this morning. That said, I'm either gonna send it back or request a part refund for the condition it arrived in... looks like someone took it for a family day out at the water park! The outer cardboard box was absolutely sodden, but then dried out, so it had stuck to the LOTR box inside, peeling off parts of the artwork when I opened it - one side is a lot worse than the others and even has a massive bashed edge (the outer box had a hole through it). At this point I was a bit like "meh, it's only the outer box", but then comes the actual item... no damage from the water, thankfully. However, there's weird glue smudges and marks to the books throughout... even one of the discs had glue on it and was stuck to the inside of the book! Not only that, but my entire set was dusty as hell, like someone had previously owned it. Apart from all that, it's a stunning set and one I definitely want in my collection, even if it means paying a little more to get one in perfect condition.

Unlucky, personally I would want a replacement instead of partial refund as something like this I would want in perfect condition.
I've bought a few things from Amazon.com and sent to the UK but never had a problem so no idea how they deal with international complaints and returns, would be interesting to find out what they do or offer.
If you tell them about what a traumatic experience it's been for you and you're not sure how you will ever recover they might even send you a replacement without having to return the damaged one or refund you in full for the one you got.

Unlucky, personally I would want a replacement instead of partial refund as something like this I would want in perfect condition.
I've bought a few things from Amazon.com and sent to the UK but never had a problem so no idea how they deal with international complaints and returns, would be interesting to find out what they do or offer.
If you tell them about what a traumatic experience it's been for you and you're not sure how you will ever recover they might even send you a replacement without having to return the damaged one or refund you in full for the one you got.
I spoke to someone through their chat feature and originally they seemed OK with giving me a partial refund, but eventually changed their mind saying they can only offer a full refund due to it being bought from a third party seller (Amazon US) -- I explained all that right off the bat, so not sure why it took the person so long to come to that conclusion. Told them I'd think about it anyway because the set has apparently completely sold out, plus I've since been able to get the glue smudges off with the help of some rubbing liquid, so the item itself is fine now... just the outer box that's a complete mess.

Here are some photos of how it arrived...

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg