The Mix and Match SteelBook editions thread

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Do you mix and match SteelBook editions? Post pics in this thread.

I'll kick things off with this FAC edition of The Martian where I replaced the SteelBook with the extended edition SteelBook.

IMG_0977.jpg

Unsealed this earlier, great slip.

IMG_0094.jpegIMG_0095.jpeg
IMG_0097.jpegIMG_0098.jpeg

Replaced the WWA steel with the Best Buy exclusive and swapped the DVD with the 3D BD...

IMG_0104.jpeg

Reactions: Mth and zeebeer
Thank you!
I thought I have the "bad ones", mine being not glossy but embossed. Now is clear.

We might get glossy ones if they were to be released in the USA and if they decided to use that finish but there hasn't been any news on that front yet. The Europe wave is matte.

• Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro
We might get glossy ones if they were to be released in the USA and if they decided to use that finish but there hasn't been any news on that front yet. The Europe wave is matte.
That would be a BIG bummer, having to re-purchase all of them, again from US....
And I purchase this EU wave despite just recently getting the 4K packs for first three and the follow-up ones... so the US would be a triple 4K dip, or quintuple or even sextuple dip I think, counting the BD only ones... :(

EDIT: oh men, I have to stop buying so many dips, I must do some other (IMPORTANT) things with my money... (but who am I kidding, right? :rofl:)

• Haha
Reactions: CleverLoginName
@Felix_ro Yeah we'll see. I prefer glossy so I'd pick them up all over again as well.

I've only skipped X-Men 2 as I have the previous release which is glossy, Deadpool 2 as I have enough copies between the various box sets from Manta Lab, Blufans and FilmArena, and Logan for no reason ha. Might pick Logan up later though.

Reactions: Felix_ro
@Felix_ro Yeah we'll see. I prefer glossy so I'd pick them up all over again as well.

I've only skipped X-Men 2 as I have the previous release which is glossy, Deadpool 2 as I have enough copies between the various box sets from Manta Lab, Blufans and FilmArena, and Logan for no reason ha. Might pick Logan up later though.
I believe EVERYONE (thus including me) prefer glossy, so, that's why I was "complaining" about having to get the US wave too... :D
But, we'll see... for me it is quite difficult to "attend" to any US item... and usually my main "sourcerer" :spoil: ) for BestBuy items is Andy, so...

Last edited:
@Felix_ro Not everyone. Some actually avoid it given how easy it can show marks once unsealed. But generally yes it's preferred.
I have scratches and dents on matte SteelBooks too, so that would even-out, and would still prefer the glossy ones.
Also, the packaging that Amazon is doing lately (for about 2-3 years now), is NOT good for ANY kind of SteelBooks, and RARELY (and I mean it) I've got a SteelBook from Amazon that had no issues (and I said to myself to never purchase SteelBooks from them again, but then, from where?!?! :().