Upcoming The Morning Show (Season 4) [Apple TV+]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
What happens when the people you trust to tell the truth prove themselves to be dishonest? The Morning Show follows the free fall of an early morning newscast in the wake of a scandal, and its struggle to survive in an era when news arrives in the palm of your hand.

The Morning Show stars Academy Award winner Reese Witherspoon, Emmy winner Jennifer Aniston and Golden Globe winner Steve Carell in a high-stakes drama that pulls back the curtain on the morning news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost finished watching this. Its an excellent show.

Never in a million years did I think this would be something I'd watch. But my missus wanted to see it so I sat in on the first episode and was hooked right away.

Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell are fantastic in it. As are all the main players.....

Been watching the first season these past week and a half, as I do like TV shows about TV shows - watched Sports Night at the end of the 90's with Peter Krause and Sabrina Lloyd, among others, and Studio 60 on Sunset Strip with Matthew Perry and Amanda Peet in the middle of 00's, as well as 30 Rock and recently bought a BD boxset of The Newsroom with Jeff Daniels.
The Morning Show seemed at first like a glorified MeToo propaganda, but it's so masterfully made, that convinced even such a cynic as me, that thinks most people are subjugated to worse things every day in their lives from people of higher power, that are richer, or physically stronger, because many are dependent on someone, or something, their jobs, etc, and very few are truly free and independent, and can tell anyone and anything to go scrrw themselves.
But one can forget, dismiss, not notice all the emotional trauma and pain that sometimes can built up in a person, even if they've partially went along with whatever hurt them, suppressed their morals and their will to achieve or keep something. And this series shows that very powerfully, last episode blew me away like no other since, maybe, The Sopranos 25 years ago!
No wonder this show was nominated for a bunch of awards, and Billy Crudup, of all the cast, besides Aniston, won two of those! He's the only character I could associate myself with.

Anyway, there's almost enough time for me to watch the second season before the third premieres on September 13th!