Now Streaming The Offer (Limited Series) [Paramount+]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
THE OFFER is based on Oscar®-winning producer Albert S. Ruddy’s extraordinary, never-revealed experiences of making “The Godfather.” The series stars Miles Teller as Albert S. Ruddy, Matthew Goode as Robert Evans, Juno Temple as Bettye McCartt, Giovanni Ribisi as Joe Colombo, Dan Fogler as Francis Ford Coppola, Burn Gorman as Charles Bluhdorn and Colin Hanks as Barry Lapidus.

Streaming April 28, 2022

Really liked this series, a lot. All the characters are greatly written, and well portrayed by actors I didn't pay attention to much. Except for Giovanni Ribisi, always liked him, but he surprised me too, with the help of make-up, turned into this older, fatter, balding maffioso, the type you'd expect to see in The Sopranos series.
Most of all I appreciated that through all the problems, and besides all the 'business', most characters exuded their love and passion for cinema and storytelling, admitting that they are, what they do, consumed by it entirely, and that regular people wouldn't understand them, only those, like they are. I loved that!

Thought Juno Temple was 40-50, but she's just 32. She is playing a 40-something Bettye, so I guess that's intentional, or at least turned out correctly.
Liked Nora Arnezeder as the owner of Chateau, seen her before in YouTube Original series "Origin", she was also one of few good parts of Army of the Dead, and the lead in a recent sci-fi movie Colony.