Oct 13, 2011
Release date: November 29, 2021
Purchase links: 88 Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99
Note: Total print run 2000

Skjermbilde 2021-08-13 kl. 20.37.48.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the toxic avenger from awhile back was their first steelbook :whistle:

The recent I know what you did last summer and urban legend trilogy box sets are a couple of theirs along with quite a lot of Jackie chan and Van Damme stuff, this is all recent stuff thought.
Their older stuff is mostly horror.
They ain’t on the level of Arrow I wouldn’t say but they seem to be heading in the right direction, decently priced and good quality.
Would love a 4K I know what you did last summer Steelbook :thumbs:

Reactions: Robles
I need a Romeo must die and fearless steelbook. I’d accept a kiss of the Dragon steel too
Would have liked for it to have been a collection like the Van-Damme and Jackie Chan ones at the standard £15.
Id have definitely gone for them then :D

Reactions: Flloydo
I need a Romeo must die and fearless steelbook. I’d accept a kiss of the Dragon steel too
Must confess that I would pay £30 for a Kiss of the Dragon steel although would rather pay £15-£20. Picked up the JCVD Maximum Risk steel from Germany for similar price.

Reactions: psychoscot
Also available from zavvi. Same price as amazon.
But if you wait until release it will be just over £26

88 Films Webstore
Pre Order not live yet
Ignore price £888.88 that will change when goes live to order or when in stock

The One [LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK]

EXCLUSIVE TO THIS RELEASE

• Limited Edition Steelbook [2000 units only] with Original Poster Artwork
  • Features a double-walled full slipcase and poster

SPECIAL FEATURES (DISC 1)

• High Definition Blu-ray ™ (1080p) Presentation in 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio
  • 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • 2.0 DTS-DH Master Audio
  • Optional English SDH Subtitles
  • Audio commentary with director James Wong and various crew members
  • NEW Audio commentary with Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
  • NEW “Into the Multiverse” - An Interview with James Wong
  • NEW “Keep Fighting” - David West on The One
  • "Jet Li is The One" featurette
  • "Multiverse Create The One" featurette
  • "About Face" featurette (5:56)
  • "The Many Faces of Jet Li" featurette
  • “Mark Borchardt was in The One with Jet Li” featurette
  • “Jet Li on his first time in America” featurette
  • Animatic Comparison
  • Theatrical Trailer

TECHNICAL SPECS
  • Region Code: B
  • Audio: 5.1 DTS-HD MA / 2.0 DTS-HD MA
  • Picture: 1080p HD 2.35:1
  • Runtime: 87 mins approx
  • Language: English
  • Subtitles: English

That’s kinda one thing with their stuff. The slips, covers and posters are all the same art which I do agree I kinda boring.
Exactly! I've always said why don't the studios get a clue, to not make every single art in their release the same, like they still do, with The Thing UHD, for example. That was usually addressed to major companies, with smaller independent ones given as an example of how to properly or better to do things. Like, can you imagine, the slip can have a different picture on it, than the steel or amaray cover inside! EEK!...
But 88 Films seem to be the type of smaller company that caters to fans with niche releases, so what's up with that?
The One is, eh, one of my favorite movies of all time, so I'd love a collector's edition, but not looking like this if it's an old transfer, and there's no UHD disc.
Also, when will everyone understand that we don't want your folded 4 times posters, why don't you spend that money and paper on 4 art cards instead! Jeez.

Edit: Didn't read the next page, stupid, there are new extras, so hope the transfer is new as well!

"Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort"! :thumbs::headphone:

Last edited:
Reactions: Robles
Exactly! I've always said why don't the studios get a clue, to not make every single art in their release the same, like they still do, with The Thing UHD, for example. That was usually addressed to major companies, with smaller independent ones given as an example of how to properly or better to do things. Like, can you imagine, the slip can have a different picture on it, than the steel or amaray cover inside! EEK!...
But 88 Films seem to be the type of smaller company that caters to fans with niche releases, so what's up with that?
The One is, eh, one of my favorite movies of all time, so I'd love a collector's edition, but not looking like this if it's an old transfer, and there's no UHD disc.
Also, when will everyone understand that we don't want your folded 4 times posters, why don't you spend that money and paper on 4 art cards instead! Jeez.

Edit: Didn't read the next page, stupid, there are new extras, so hope the transfer is new as well!

"Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort"! :thumbs::headphone:
One thing I will say is that their posters are at least very good quality :whistle: :rofl:

I would have gone for this but I'm not sure that I want to start on these at £30 a pop, I much prefer the standard releases with slips or even their collector's editions, one of those would have been pretty cool for this.

Anyone order and receive this yet? I know the release is tomorrow but wondered if anyone got it early. I’m eager to find out how the steel is and the finish

Anyone order and receive this yet? I know the release is tomorrow but wondered if anyone got it early. I’m eager to find out how the steel is and the finish
Some random on reddit posted theirs about a week ago but didn't provide much information and I didn't ask. I think I have seen at least 1 on instagram. Mine took payment on amazon on Saturday morning and dispatched for Sunday arrival but... at midday it was still saying 10pm arrival which basically means you aint getting it today and at about 10pm it changed to delayed. It is out for delivery today though and Ill post photos but it looks to me like just a plain finish, maybe matte.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah matte steel with metallic parts and plain matte very thin slip. Would of actually looked decent if it was glossed

Reactions: Lenny Nero