The Police Story Trilogy (4K UHD Limited Edition Box Set) (Eureka Classics) [UK]

May 21, 2020
Release date: September 26, 2022
Purchase links: Eureka Films - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £60.99 (Eureka) - £59.99 (Zavvi) - £65.35 (Amazon)
Notes: UHD Discs only

EKA70470_PS-Trilogy-3D-Hardcase-website-500px.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SYNOPSIS​

The most action packed trilogy of all time comes to Ultra HD Blu-ray for the first time ever! Featuring some of the most dangerous stunts ever performed on camera, these three films represent the pinnacle of Jackie Chan’s unique style of Hong Kong action filmmaking. A dazzling blend of gritty action cop drama, impeccably choreographed martial-arts sequences, and bone-crunching stuntwork – this series of films revitalised the Hong Kong action genre and established Jackie Chan as a worldwide superstar.

Police Story
(dir. Jackie Chan, 1985)
– considered by Jackie Chan himself to be his best film in terms of pure action, Police Story stars Chan as “super cop” Chan Ka-Kui, who goes up against a notorious crime lord in a series of escalating set-pieces that resulted in many of Jackie’s stunt team being hospitalised.Police Story 2 (dir. Jackie Chan, 1988) – Demoted to traffic cop after the events of the first film, Chan Ka-Kui is reinstated to the detective unit when a deadly gang of explosive experts blow up a building and threaten to blow up more if their demands are not met. Featuring yet more bravura stunt work, and even more injuries to its cast and crew, Police Story 2is to this day considered one of the best action films ever made.

Police Story 3: Supercop (dir. Stanley Tong, 1992) – Action superstar Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All at Once) joins the series as Inspector Yang Chien-Hua, who teams up with Chan Ka-Kui to take down an international drug ring. With some of the most outrageous stunt sequences ever committed to film, Police Story 3: Supercop is an action masterpiece that must truly be seen to be believed.
All three films consistently appear on lists of the best action films ever made, and Eureka Classics is proud to present them all in their worldwide Ultra HD Blu-ray debuts from stunning 4K restorations!

SPECIAL FEATURES​

• Limited Edition hardcase [4000 copies]
  • Limited Edition hardcase featuring new artwork by R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentations of all three films across 3 Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Reversible sleeve artwork for each film, featuring limited edition individual sleeve designs by R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien
  • 100-PAGE perfect bound collector’s book featuring essays by James Oliver on each film, as well as archival materials, imagery, and ephemera
  • Worldwide UHD debuts for all three films, and the first time Police Story 3: Supercop has been available on home video in the UK since the VHS era
  • DISC ONE – POLICE STORY (1985) 4K (2160p) UHD presentation of the original Hong Kong theatrical cut [100 mins] | 1080p HD presentation of the alternate “Police Force” export cut of the film [88 mins] | Hong Kong Version – Original Cantonese mono audio, as well as optional restored 5.1 DTS-HD MA | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Classic English dub (original mono) | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new audio commentary with Asian film experts Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) and F.J. DeSanto | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new audio commentary with action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema | Police Force Version – Option of either the classic English dub track or a rare alternate audio track featuring the original Cantonese audio mixed with the Kevin Bassinson score | Newly revised English subtitles | Archival interview with Jackie Chan [19 mins] | Alternate and Deleted Scenes | Archival “Jackie Chan Stunts” promo | Trailers, including the films’ original theatrical and export trailer
  • DISC TWO – POLICE STORY 2 (1988) 4K (2160p) UHD presentation of the Extended cut of the film [121 mins] | 1080p HD presentation of the original Hong Kong theatrical version [105 mins] | 1080p HD presentation of the alternate export version [95 mins] | Extended Version – Original Cantonese mono audio, as well as optional restored 5.1 DTS-HD MA | Extended Version – English dub presented in restored 5.1 DTS-HD MA | Extended Version – Brand new audio commentary with Asian film experts Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) and F.J. DeSanto | Extended Version – Brand new audio commentary with action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Original Cantonese mono audio | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Archival audio commentary with Miles Wood and Jude Poyer | Export Version – Classic English dub track | Newly revised English subtitles | “Jackie Chan” episode of Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show [41 mins] – documentary on Jackie Chan’s early career from cult film documentary series, presented by Jonathan Ross | Archival interview with actor and stuntman Benny Lai [15 mins] | Outtakes |Trailers, including the films’ original theatrical and export trailers
  • DISC THREE – POLICE STOR Y 3: SUPERCOP (1992) 4K (2160p) UHD presentation of the original Hong Kong theatrical cut [96 mins] from a brand new restoration of the original film elements `\ 1080p HD presentation of the alternate US version [91 mins] | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Original Cantonese mono audio, as well as an optional alternate Cantonese audio track featuring original, unaltered, sound effects | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new Cantonese Dolby Atmos Surround Sound Audio | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Classic English dub track | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new audio commentary with Asian film experts Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) and F.J. DeSanto | Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new audio commentary with action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema | US Version – “American English” dub track, including Jackie Chan and Michelle Yeoh voicing their own characters | US Version – Original Cantonese audio | Newly translated English subtitles | Brand new interview with Stunt Coordinator and Action Film Historian John Kreng | New featurette on rarely seen Jackie Chan video games, Kung Fu Master & Fists of Fire by Arne Venema | New featurette on the filming locations of the Police Story trilogy | Archival interview with Jackie Chan (20 mins) | Archival interview with Michelle Yeoh (23 mins) | Archival interview with director Stanley Tong (20 mins) | Archival interview with Jackie Chan’s long-time bodyguard and co-star Ken Lo (21 mins) | Outtakes (50 mins) – a huge selection of NG (“No Good”) shots from the film | Trailers
  • ***All Extras Subject To Change***

Reactions: sinusR2
Disc One – Police Story (1985)

• 4K (2160p) UHD presentation of the original Hong Kong theatrical cut [100 mins]
  • 1080p HD presentation of the alternate “Police Force” export cut of the film [88 mins]
  • Hong Kong Version – Original Cantonese mono audio, as well as optional restored 5.1 DTS-HD MA
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Classic English dub (original mono)
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new audio commentary with Asian film experts Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) and F.J. DeSanto
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new audio commentary with action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
  • Police Force Version – Option of either the classic English dub track or a rare alternate audio track featuring the original Cantonese audio mixed with the Kevin Bassinson score
  • Newly revised English subtitles
  • Archival interview with Jackie Chan [19 mins]
  • Alternate and Deleted Scenes
  • Archival “Jackie Chan Stunts” promo
  • Trailers, including the films’ original theatrical and export trailers
Disc Two – Police Story 2 (1988)

• 4K (2160p) UHD presentation of the Extended cut of the film [121 mins]
  • 1080p HD presentation of the original Hong Kong theatrical version [105 mins]
  • 1080p HD presentation of the alternate export version [95 mins]
  • Extended Version – Original Cantonese mono audio, as well as optional restored 5.1 DTS-HD MA
  • Extended Version – English dub presented in restored 5.1 DTS-HD MA
  • Extended Version – Brand new audio commentary with Asian film experts Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) and F.J. DeSanto
  • Extended Version – Brand new audio commentary with action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Original Cantonese mono audio
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Archival audio commentary with Miles Wood and Jude Poyer
  • Export Version – Classic English dub track
  • Newly revised English subtitles
  • “Jackie Chan” episode of Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show [41 mins] – documentary on Jackie Chan’s early career from cult film documentary series, presented by Jonathan Ross
  • Archival interview with actor and stuntman Benny Lai [15 mins]
  • Outtakes
  • railers, including the films’ original theatrical and export trailers
Disc Three – Police Story 3: Supercop (1992)

• 4K (2160p) UHD presentation of the original Hong Kong theatrical cut [96 mins] from a brand new restoration of the original film elements \ 1080p HD presentation of the alternate US version [91 mins]
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Original Cantonese mono audio, as well as an optional alternate Cantonese audio track featuring original, unaltered, sound effects
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new Cantonese Dolby Atmos Surround Sound Audio
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Classic English dub track
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new audio commentary with Asian film experts Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) and F.J. DeSanto
  • Hong Kong Theatrical Version – Brand new audio commentary with action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
  • US Version – “American English” dub track, including Jackie Chan and Michelle Yeoh voicing their own characters
  • US Version – Original Cantonese audio
  • Newly translated English subtitles
  • Brand new interview with Stunt Coordinator and Action Film Historian John Kreng
  • New featurette on rarely seen Jackie Chan video games, Kung Fu Master & Fists of Fire by Arne Venema
  • New featurette on the filming locations of the Police Story trilogy
  • Archival interview with Jackie Chan (20 mins)
  • Archival interview with Michelle Yeoh (23 mins)
  • Archival interview with director Stanley Tong (20 mins)
  • Archival interview with Jackie Chan’s long-time bodyguard and co-star Ken Lo (21 mins)
  • Outtakes (50 mins) – a huge selection of NG (“No Good”) shots from the film
  • Trailers
  • *All extras subject to change

Reactions: sinusR2
i'm a need that price($77.99 usd-zavi) to come down before i can bite, with just 4k discs.

Whoa, I was just going to order NovaMedia releases, but this will be way better!

Wait, are they going to do another box, with the rest? I wouldn't mind just BDs.
Why didn't they include Crime Story from '93, or Police Story 4 from '96? Incomplete...

Whoa, I was just going to order NovaMedia releases, but this will be way better!

Wait, are they going to do another box, with the rest? I wouldn't mind just BDs.
Why didn't they include Crime Story from '93, or Police Story 4 from '96? Incomplete...

I'm guessing it's just rights issues, though the other three are questionable quality, which could possibly play a part. They already have Police Story 1 & 2 available on bluray, though the boxset they released for them went OOP years back, a standard edition is still available. For people who bought Police Story 1&2 from them previously, and want number 3, they are releasing it seperately on bluray with a limited edition slip.

• Informative
Reactions: Lenny Nero
I'm guessing it's just rights issues, though the other three are questionable quality, which could possibly play a part.
Maybe, I haven't seen them yet, but a completist in me wants at least all the 90's parts, which is 3 more, as you said - those mentioned, and Supercop 2 spinoff, I think it's without Jackie Chan.
Don't know if the two reboots are any good, New Police Story from 2004, and Police Story: Lockdown from 2013.
So that'd be 8 movies in all.

do wish they had released Police Story 3 with the original limited edition box set. appreciate they may not have been able to at the time, but i doubt i'll rebuy this set in 4K just to get part 3.

I have never seen these films. Are they any good?

Part 1 has superb action sequences, but lags on the slapsticky pantomine comedy bits, but then that is the Asia action style of the time. the action is more than good enough, though, especially the beginning and end. Part 2 has less comedy and much more momentum throughout, and the action is again terrific. i have forgotten what Part 3 is like, actually, been a while since i saw it.

i have forgotten what Part 3 is like, actually, been a while since i saw it.
:OMG: is that the shocked emoji? It's been a while, trying to work out how to post lol. I was going for shocked!! You need to go and watch Supercop, right now!! Lol, I'm just kidding, but i don't know how you could forget the female version of Jackie Chan, the fight scenes, the amazing stunts where Jackie & Michelle Yeoh try and out do one another at every opportunity.. ahh, such a great film. I have so many releases of the first 2 films and just a couple for supercop, and even though I'm not set up for 4k (and probably won't be for years) I've already ordered the trilogy with Eureka and supercop to go with Eureka's 1&2 LE from years ago. Loving the Kung Fu Bob artwork on this release.
My only issue with Eureka is I really don't like the spines on their LE's, like i said, i have the police story LE and the project A 1&2 LE and they have really boring spines, it looks like this (4K) edition will have a big plain orange spine too(at least it will match the blu ray version lol) and likely won't have any back artwork like the blu ray for PS and project A.. I wish they'd got Kung Fu Bob to do wrap around art like what he did for 88 films the young master special edition.. other than that little issue i am very much looking forward to adding them to my collection. I've collected everything Jackie Chan related that Eureka and 88 films have put out so far, i'm really hoping they (particularly 88films) bring out some of Jackies 90's films with the same treatment. :)

Attachments

• 317339_overview.jpg
    317339_overview.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
:OMG: is that the shocked emoji? It's been a while, trying to work out how to post lol. I was going for shocked!! You need to go and watch Supercop, right now!! Lol, I'm just kidding, but i don't know how you could forget the female version of Jackie Chan, the fight scenes, the amazing stunts where Jackie & Michelle Yeoh try and out do one another at every opportunity.. ahh, such a great film. I have so many releases of the first 2 films and just a couple for supercop, and even though I'm not set up for 4k (and probably won't be for years) I've already ordered the trilogy with Eureka and supercop to go with Eureka's 1&2 LE from years ago. Loving the Kung Fu Bob artwork on this release.
My only issue with Eureka is I really don't like the spines on their LE's, like i said, i have the police story LE and the project A 1&2 LE and they have really boring spines, it looks like this (4K) edition will have a big plain orange spine too(at least it will match the blu ray version lol) and likely won't have any back artwork like the blu ray for PS and project A.. I wish they'd got Kung Fu Bob to do wrap around art like what he did for 88 films the young master special edition.. other than that little issue i am very much looking forward to adding them to my collection. I've collected everything Jackie Chan related that Eureka and 88 films have put out so far, i'm really hoping they (particularly 88films) bring out some of Jackies 90's films with the same treatment. :)
hey, @chunk, where you been at? great to see you posting. :) :thumbs:

just seen the thread for the separate Police Story 3, and immediately remembered all of it, right up to the helicopter on the train roof at the end! amazed i forgot since it has my one of my faves of all time in it (Michelle Yeoh). i'm happy with my 1 & 2 box set from a few years ago, so will just add the Part 3 separate.

yeah, i think i have every 88 Films Jackie Chan, too! it's a lot when you stack them all up. :LOL: much keener on owning the 70's and 80s films, though - a lot of his English language ones in the 90s had good action, but i didn't like the stories or the acting much (which, yeah, is a rich comment considering some of the wider acting in his Asian language films, and despite the fact that his 70s films all have basically the same story!).

Reactions: chunk
@steelmybeatingheart

Where have i been? Under my rock of course.. i pop out from time to time:) it's been a while since i last posted here.. time seems to whizz by these days, i blink and a whole year has passed by.
I'm still collecting but with all the films 88 have released thats pretty much where my money goes, i occasionally pick up a steelbook but usually when they're in the bargain bin as I think £30 is too much for a 4k steel when I'm not set up for it and there usually isn't an option for just blu ray so i just pick up the discounted ones occasionally.. i make exceptions here and there, like the Indiana Jones ones and I've got my eye on the first blood one that Zavvi is bringning out (I've always steered clear of everythingblu's releases because the amount of stuff that comes with their releases is a bit overkill).. but i like the art on the slip so I'm keeping an eye on it.

Back to Jackie, I'm glad you remembered supercop, it is from the 90's though so you might want to cancel your order lol, the thing is, regarding the 70's and 80's films.. Eureka and 88 are pretty close to completing those decades, there's some from the 70's they've not released but they are mostly films where Jackie had a small part and was uncredited.. there are only a few titles left now.. some of his 90's films definitely deserve the 88/Eureka treatment.. for example 1992 Supercop:naughty: heres my list
1990 Island Of Fire
1992 Twin Dragons
1993 Project S
1995 Rumble In The Bronx
1995 Thunderbolt
1996 First Strike
1997 Mr. Nice Guy
1998 Who Am I?
I know some of them already have blu ray releases but I'd like to carry on with a full set/artwork from 88

This is some of mine so far, ones that will fit in the space anyway.. excuse the shawscope, i just got it yesterday and don't have a home for it yet so i just popped it on top for now

Screenshot_20220528-211747_Gallery.jpg

my opinion of me being a Jackie Chan fan has just been roundly trashed. i've only got from the middle to the right. superb collection, @chunk :wow: :thumbs:

happy collecting! :)

ha! re: Police Story 3 being 90s - fair point. :p i think it's probably because i actually quite dislike First Strike and Who Am I?, and they seem to always be on tv when i turn it on, too, and the English dubbed dialogue on Western actors grates a bit.

Reactions: chunk
my opinion of me being a Jackie Chan fan has just been roundly trashed. i've only got from the middle to the right. superb collection, @chunk :wow: :thumbs:

happy collecting! :)

ha! re: Police Story 3 being 90s - fair point. :p i think it's probably because i actually quite dislike First Strike and Who Am I?, and they seem to always be on tv when i turn it on, too, and the English dubbed dialogue on Western actors grates a bit.
If you have everything but the nova releases then that is definitely a dedicated JC fan:) a few more that 88 have released already have been from the 90's too, like crime story, Armour of God II & Eureka has done City Hunter & the upcoming Supercop. I don't know how you feel about those films..
Back in the late 90's early 00's i watched Who am I? quite a lot but i have a terrible memory and i've forgotten how the Western actors sounded, I may have to watch it again.. i do like the fight sequences in that film though, and JC running/falling down the side of the building as his big stunt ending was fun. I did see an interview with Richard Norton (a long time ago so my memory is patchy) he was in lucky stars, mr nice guy and city hunter, he said he was told to over do the villain part, that it's what Chinese audiences expect, so he had to ham up his performance because that's just how they did it back then.. for us Westerners, we just think it's a bit over the top and verging on cartoonie (is that a word lol). Is that what you were referring to in who am i or do they actually have a dubb on it?
@chunk don't forget 'Gorgeous' too,.

I'd love for 88 Films & Eureka to release any and all Chan, Sammo and Biao movies, I'm in for everything they can get their hands on for them.
Gorgeous, definitely.. any/all JC films and they can have all my money, I just looked up the Actor who played along side JC in Gorgeous because i couldn't remember his name, Brad Allan.. i am shocked to see he died last August, he was only 48. He was one of JC's crew for a long time and for everything he learned with Jackie he was having a great career. Its very sad.

I've got some dvds of Yuen Biao and Sammo films, a lot of their films are hard to find so now we have 88 & Eureka releasing great edition I'm so happy, i have Shaolin Plot ordered and am waiting for on the run and righting wrongs to go up for order with 88 (they only put pre orders up a week or two before release so it'll be a while before I can order)

This is what i have so far
Screenshot_20220531-152354_Gallery.jpg
..not many...yet... but I think Eureka & 88 know that they're on to a good thing so there will be plenty more to come.. I'm hoping they look into Michelle Yeoh & Donnie Yen's earlier films too seeing as they've covered most of JC's early films. That and all of Arrow, 88 & Eureka's Shaw brothers films already released and still to come i will forget what a steelbook pre order looks like

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart