The Running Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 13, 2020
Purchase links: Steelbook - Collector's Edition (Pre-order will be live on November 29 at 6 PM UK Time)
Price: £16.99 (Steelbook) - £24.99 (Collector's Edition)

12363162-1474722541696110.jpg 12363161-1824722543426879.jpg

Last edited:
Strange that the German sleeve art is the back art,

german one smokes this. Even the teal colour tone is off. 100% pass

Looks great - apart from the bilious colours - and with the same Christopher Cox front art + a better back minus that block of text in the lower quarter, should be splendid especially if given the same finish and treatment as the German ...
... and as for that cold colour scheme: it's not a RUNNING MAN first ....
1574811398969.png

... and just as true to the Cox poster as the variant:-
cox_running.gif

Some of the other Christopher Cox images used on the steelbook:-

Reactions: djjez83
gonna be near impossible to beat the embossing and quality finish on this one but i will pre order and pray to the steel gods we get a great finish as i love the movie

Reactions: Noodles
Never heard of the studio behind this before. Fabulous Films Ltd.

What other titles have they released?
Boutique label with about 150 Blu-ray releases in the UK although I've only got about a dozen (including BLAME IT ON RIO, THE BLOB [original], THE RELIC, THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW, DARK STAR, VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED [remake], WONDERWALL, CAT PEOPLE [remake], BAD LIEUTENANT [original], CAPE FEAR [original] etc.).
This is their first steelbooks as far as I know.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As FF released the Amaray in June of this year
1574850397187.png
good to see that their first steelbook is following some seven months later . . . hopefully if a good 'un not their last.

Reactions: BluSteel2012