The Sting (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (CX Media) [Taiwan]

Jan 11, 2021
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Sofa Cinema
Price: NT$1500

1618472566_aebabf76a8bf597d9ea8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jumbojack
Looks pretty nice. Never seen the film tho, is it any good?
It's the "Oceans 11" of its time with great performances by Redford and Newman. A bit old fashioned at times, but definitely a classic in the original sense of the term. I sold my US steelbook in anticipaton of getting a nice 4K premium and since I can get the TW one without extra customs fees and the zavvi one not, this is currently the front runner!

It's the "Oceans 11" of its time with great performances by Redford and Newman. A bit old fashioned at times, but definitely a classic in the original sense of the term. I sold my US steelbook in anticipaton of getting a nice 4K premium and since I can get the TW one without extra customs fees and the zavvi one not, this is currently the front runner!
Ah okay. Will likely pass due to lack of funds but it's added on my watchlist :thumbs:

Looks pretty nice. Never seen the film tho, is it any good?
Since "Oceans 11" is a modern movie, of course they have computer that kind of cool stuffs.
"The Sting" is set in 1936, all they can do is use the human greed.
I think that is why I love it more than "Oceans 11". (Though I love George Clooney & Brad Pitt, too!)

Reactions: milky
It's setting is the the 1930's! Even if you made the film today - the story's setting would still be the 1930's!
the Newman/Redford/Shaw pairing can't be beat. Plus they filled it out with amazing character actors.
When the film came out it sparked a resurgence of Ragtime music becuase of the score, and the sountrack sold Millions.
Won 7 Oscars that year including Best Picture and Best Director for George Roy Hill.
a stone cold classic.

howarmat...trying to order this but my mobile phone number seems to be a problem...tried with the 1 before area code and without won’t accept any way I try. Any advice?.... thank!
not sure mine was in there from previous orders and I didnt pay attention. Maybe try a + in front