The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: June 8, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $17.99
Group buy: from apsmith21

34017141_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EvilThing
course it is
(not mine)
maxresdefault.jpg
Oh yeah, forgot about that! :p

This is one of the rare situations where the remake is better than the original.

It doesn't really date well and despite all the controversy on its release, I find it boring. Nothing really happens in it. Just a lot of chasing, screaming and crying!

I can't even recall any real gore scenes in it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker

This is one of the rare situations where the remake is better than the original.

It doesn't really date well and despite all the controversy on its release, I find it boring. Nothing really happens in it. Just a lot of chasing, screaming and crying!

Yeah, I partly agree with you, not much really happens in it, but somehow it has strong reputation as a CULT classic. There is great atmosphere and it´s just a SICK movie with all those characters. Also I think it was pretty shocking in those days, at least in US or not? And "based on true events" helped it as well, no matter if it´s true or not :)

The original is dated but I still prefer it too the remakes. It’s all about the atmosphere, there aren’t any real gore scenes but it’s the fact that the people are sick that really gives it the reputation. It’s not shocking compared to today’s horrors but it does have a lot of tense scenes.

That is the classic of all classics you must see it!
Yeah, I partly agree with you, not much really happens in it, but somehow it has strong reputation as a CULT classic. There is great atmosphere and it´s just a SICK movie with all those characters. Also I think it was pretty shocking in those days, at least in US or not? And "based on true events" helped it as well, no matter if it´s true or not :)
The original is dated but I still prefer it too the remakes. It’s all about the atmosphere, there aren’t any real gore scenes but it’s the fact that the people are sick that really gives it the reputation. It’s not shocking compared to today’s horrors but it does have a lot of tense scenes.
Totally agree with you guys:thumbs: This and Part 2 are like Alien and Aliens to me;)
giphy.gif

tumblr_nj0msiR1Xn1s1v3r1o1_500.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz and Sigill
@Hereticz @Threat I can do you guys one better. I have seen the Remake, the Prequel to the Remake, Texas Chainsaw 3D and the Sequel to the original but never the first one :whistle:
lol, while I like the remakes, the original is still it's own movie. It really set the "slasher" genre to be what it became and paved the way for Freddy, Jason and Myers, yet still different enough that it stands alone because of how bizarre and uncomfortable it is. One of the best horrors of all time. It probably wont appeal much to the younger generation because they like a lot of special FX and tons of things happening on screen, but it's still recommended to any horror fan, especially those of the TCM franchise.

But, I will disagree with @milky, and I know I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Part II. It was so different from the original that it put me off, it was a damn near comedy. Even the poster was a mock-up of The Breakfast Club, lol. I like Part 3 much more. 4 Is bad, but Matthew McConaughey's performance makes it worth the watch.