Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £25.00

91KdF7TixkL._AC_SY445_.jpg
91JgGa5sgGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91yrhmICx+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

amazon issues are not distribution. its shoddy behaviour.
my LE dispatched last night for delivery today and then tracking says "customer requested different delivery date" and then it changed to next Saturday! This is AFTER the item left the warehouse and got to carrier sorting office.
So i complained and they said they will add note but my order still says next Saturday. Now I worry they will send back to warehouse like what happened last time and I loose this as its sold out everywhere.

Yeah, Amazon seem to be having real issues at the moment, I was expecting the Limited Edition yesterday on Saturday, along with standard Blu of They Live, both sent separate parcels via Amazon Logistics. I only got the They Live blu, but the Limited Edition of The Thing never turned up....boyond annoying, but my tracking status now says, arriving 19-20 September and well, i'm not impressed. May well cancel as it seems a lot of these are arriving crushed due to the crappy thin slipbox, and amazon packaging is beyond a joke.

(edit) I also am expecting the Steelbook as well today, again by Amazon Logistics, but have a bad feeling....

Received mine today, unusually as Amazon usually sends theirs out in the Release date.

Not opened it and probably won’t, it doesn’t look anything special and not as nice as Zavvi’s release.

...and nothing arrived, despite amazon saying it would, didn't get the Limited Edition either, that's 2 days with no delivery. Have requested the LE be cancelled. Fingers crossed for the steelbook on Monday now..:(

amazon issues are not distribution. its shoddy behaviour.
my LE dispatched last night for delivery today and then tracking says "customer requested different delivery date" and then it changed to next Saturday! This is AFTER the item left the warehouse and got to carrier sorting office.
So i complained and they said they will add note but my order still says next Saturday. Now I worry they will send back to warehouse like what happened last time and I loose this as its sold out everywhere.

We've just had an item go missing, Amazon delivery claiming it had been delivered to named recipient but it's never arrived.
Not previously had any issues with Amazon delivery but makes me wonder what's going on behind the scenes....

Reactions: nekromantik
Amazom UK back available to order with UK delivery address only at the moment

Listed as In stock on September 26, 2021.

Edit
Back to not available

We've just had an item go missing, Amazon delivery claiming it had been delivered to named recipient but it's never arrived.
Not previously had any issues with Amazon delivery but makes me wonder what's going on behind the scenes....
I think like many other retailers they are struggling with a shortage of delivery drivers and those that are working are working under a lot of pressure and making mistakes. Earlier this year, I had a package marked as 'Parcel was handed to resident.', yet I hadn't received it. A short while later, a neighbour came round with it, as it had been handed to them by mistake.

Reactions: Punker76
If anyone wants a copy of this, let me know, I have a spare. :thumbs:

Looks to be random on who's orders been shipped so far

A lot who pre orderd still not had payment taken yet even for some customers based in UK

My order though from day one has estimated delivery date September 27 to 28th even with having Priority Delivery

It's showing back as available regulary every few hours and then back to not available this most likely due to orders been cancelled by impatient customers or those that decided no longer want it

I will wait until next week before I contact Amazon as I only ever had 1 pre ordered item over the years from amazon UK that did not ship
Most my orders I get shipped by release date but some are a week later sometimes

got it delivered yesterday. by the royal mail
Sunday delivery by RM? I was aware of some trials, but not seen that in my area as yet.

Anyway, I've just received a despatch notification with estimated delivery date of Wednesday (so an improvement on the Saturday estimate I was being given previously). However, is being sent by RM and the last time I had a steelbook sent by RM it arrived dented due to the flimsy packaging. After complaining and getting a replacement sent out, the replacement came via Amazon logistics and was dent free. Although it had a spine slash instead, so nothing to do with the transit itself. Thankfully, I managed to combine the best elements of both and return a version that had dents AND a slashed spine! However, my concern with this one is that they won't have enough stock to send a replacement should it arrive damaged. I'm going to be on tenterhooks for the next 48 hours or so now!

Reactions: StifflersDad
Sunday delivery by RM? I was aware of some trials, but not seen that in my area as yet.

Anyway, I've just received a despatch notification with estimated delivery date of Wednesday (so an improvement on the Saturday estimate I was being given previously). However, is being sent by RM and the last time I had a steelbook sent by RM it arrived dented due to the flimsy packaging. After complaining and getting a replacement sent out, the replacement came via Amazon logistics and was dent free. Although it had a spine slash instead, so nothing to do with the transit itself. Thankfully, I managed to combine the best elements of both a return a version that had dents AND a slashed spine! However, my concern with this one is that they won't have enough stock to send a replacement should the first arrive damaged. I'm going to be on tenterhooks for the next 48 hours or so now!
Amazon Prime customers sometimes get delivery on a Sunday in UK and Ireland
It's not all locations in UK/Ireland but has been happning more often in 2021

Rep of Ireland I often get Amazon deliveries on a Sunday have been for over 2 years now

In 2019/2020 it was An Post doing the delivery for Amazon Prime delivery on a Sunday then from January 2021 was Amazon courier themsleves from Amazon Logistics and delivery location in Rathcoole

You should see Sunday Delivery in Northern Ireland when Amazon new fulfillment warehouse in Baldonnell starts to operate in 2022
As that new fulfillment warehouse will ship orders to Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland and avoid brexit issues

Amazon Prime customers sometimes get delivery on a Sunday in UK and Ireland
It's not all locations in UK/Ireland but has been happning more often in 2021

Rep of Ireland I often get Amazon deliveries on a Sunday have been for over 2 years now

In 2019/2020 it was An Post doing the delivery for Amazon Prime delivery on a Sunday then from January 2021 was Amazon courier themsleves from Amazon Logistics and delivery location in Rathcoole

You should see Sunday Delivery in Northern Ireland when Amazon new fulfillment warehouse in Baldonnell starts to operate in 2022
As that new fulfillment warehouse will ship orders to Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland and avoid brexit issues
Amazon deliveries via Amazon logistics, yes - I've been getting those for at least 2 years now as well. But not Royal Mail. Dainius Gudavicius said he received his yesterday by Royal Mail.

But, as I said, I am aware that Royal Mail were going to trial Sunday deliveries of parcels:

Reactions: paulboland
Yeah much prefer the Ferguson one when comparing the 2.

And I prefer the horizontal steel with the same art to this

Reactions: jasong
Amazon deliveries via Amazon logistics, yes - I've been getting those for at least 2 years now as well. But not Royal Mail. Dainius Gudavicius said he received his yesterday by Royal Mail.

But, as I said, I am aware that Royal Mail were going to trial Sunday deliveries of parcels:
I work as a postie, and we deliver all tracked 24 packages on a Sunday, and have done since January, mostly Amazon and covid test kits.

Reactions: lgans316