The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection #164) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: November 16, 2022
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

film_26410_2.jpg

film_26410_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I can't believe I was actually able to order a copy direct just now. But why did they charge me VAT? I'm in the US. Anyway, in my glee I also ordered a copy of Schindler's List. Another one you would think would be long sold out by now. Are these premiums not as popular as they used to be?

Wow, I can't believe I was actually able to order a copy direct just now. But why did they charge me VAT? I'm in the US. Anyway, in my glee I also ordered a copy of Schindler's List. Another one you would think would be long sold out by now. Are these premiums not as popular as they used to be?
I think the problem is with FAC taking so long to release anything these days, plus it’s not a WEA.
Tempted to pick up another copy for trades, though I probably won’t be able to trade it until next year sometime ;)

What has changed though is that it used to be limited to 751 copies and now it's 1001....I still don't like this one and am content with missing out on all "The Thing" Premiums :bag:
I purchased direct from the site and they bill you when they are ready to ship. No far no invoice so I'd say the November change is right.... Also prices going up rapidly especially for printing haven't helped.

...and yet the Film Arena site states its availability is merely 3 days away, as is ZSJL.
That "3 days" has been there for a month. :D

I purchased direct from the site and they bill you when they are ready to ship. No far no invoice so I'd say the November change is right.... Also prices going up rapidly especially for printing haven't helped.
No, you pay in full right away. You just have to click the link yourself in your order history, after completing it.

Screenshot_20221018-004642_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
My copy is "Preparing for Shipment", as states on the FA site. This one's a little strange. I mean, the Group Buy closed months ago, yet copies are still available direct. I'm not crazy about the artwork tbh but, still, it's THE THING. I don't own any THING premiums so I guess I'm just a little giddy at being able to snag one.

My copy is "Preparing for Shipment", as states on the FA site. This one's a little strange. I mean, the Group Buy closed months ago, yet copies are still available direct. I'm not crazy about the artwork tbh but, still, it's THE THING. I don't own any THING premiums so I guess I'm just a little giddy at being able to snag one.

Bigger print run, lot of people dont like the front artwork ruined with head. Plus, Im pretty sure If there is no energy crysis and inflation and everything it would be soldout for sure.

This new wave coming this week will be the same, wouldnt be surprised if all stays in stock long time, although some of those have print run 500 so these could be gone quicker.

Bigger print run, lot of people dont like the front artwork ruined with head. Plus, Im pretty sure If there is no energy crysis and inflation and everything it would be soldout for sure.

This new wave coming this week will be the same, wouldnt be surprised if all stays in stock long time, although some of those have print run 500 so these could be gone quicker.

I was also able to purchase a copy of Forrest Gump and Schindler's List XL Fullslips direct. Surely these are/were popular?

Are you sure, I got an invoice last time when I purchased and paid then when it was released and have done it for all the 5 I ordered. You can put an order in without paying until it's released.
You can file in an order without paying, but I always paid right away, been doing it for 5 years. You don't have to pay till release day?
dumb and dumber sudden realization GIF

I ordered this direct from FA. I keep getting emails that the item has been "Registered" (have gotten 3 emails already) - what does this mean?? Is it a European way of saying it's been Shipped? If so, why tell me 3 times?

I ordered this direct from FA. I keep getting emails that the item has been "Registered" (have gotten 3 emails already) - what does this mean?? Is it a European way of saying it's been Shipped? If so, why tell me 3 times?
I’ve always got loads of emails but no change in status. I believe they are automatically generated when a change (maybe the date or something) has been made or if it has passed it’s released date and still hadn’t shipped.
You will get the shipped confirmation once it has left the building sometime this decade.

I’ve always got loads of emails but no change in status. I believe they are automatically generated when a change (maybe the date or something) has been made or if it has passed it’s released date and still hadn’t shipped.
You will get the shipped confirmation once it has left the building sometime this decade.
Good to know, it is crazy we get all these email updates, but pretty much no update on overall release schedule from FAC. One update earlier this year about the overly optimistic planned release schedule, then another one about Disney not cooperating in their releases, but crickets for the rest.