The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Filmarena Collection #164) [Czech Republic]

May 26, 2013
France
Release date: November 16, 2022
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

film_26410_2.jpg

film_26410_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered this direct from FA. I keep getting emails that the item has been "Registered" (have gotten 3 emails already) - what does this mean?? Is it a European way of saying it's been Shipped? If so, why tell me 3 times?
They always send these at regular intervals, maybe once a week, during preorder, and however long after until it's all actually shipped.

What's up with its release BTW? Why is it delayed...

I ordered this direct from FA. I keep getting emails that the item has been "Registered" (have gotten 3 emails already) - what does this mean?? Is it a European way of saying it's been Shipped? If so, why tell me 3

They always send these at regular intervals, maybe once a week, during preorder, and however long after until it's all actually shipped.

What's up with its release BTW? Why is it delayed...
I was wondering this as well. Since it's listed as an option to 'buy', that would seem to mean it is available and on hand. Much like their JL's and IB. But perhaps that's not the case. Honestly, though, I'm so use to having to wait for things to get to me that it's kinda much ado about nothing to me. But that's me. Eventually it will show up, provided the angels of death released from the Euphrates don't show up first.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
The title in that awkward spot on the front cover is really bugging me. They should've left it completely off if they couldn't place it in a better spot. The image of the parka'd fellow is iconic enough if they wanted to have just that on the cover. Everybody knows the guy in the parka is from The Thing, kinda like how everybody knows the Starbucks logo without having it spelled out.

The title in that awkward spot on the front cover is really bugging me. They should've left it completely off if they couldn't place it in a better spot. The image of the parka'd fellow is iconic enough if they wanted to have just that on the cover. Everybody knows the guy in the parka is from The Thing, kinda like how everybody knows the Starbucks logo without having it spelled out.
The title is the least of the problems. Its that God awful Photoshopped head into the parka hood......!!

Carl Lenc_Ck5OV8estJ7_edit_683144429475447.jpg

:spitout:

• Haha
Reactions: hatredhorror
When will it be shipped? Anyone got it?
Only thing I got was the Group Buy Shipping payment notification, which I immediately took care of. Haven't heard anything since. Is it standard that we get a shipment notification on Group Buy items? and if so, is that sent to our PM, posted here, or thru email?

My copy arrived yesterday direct from FA. Not among the best-looking premiums but I like it. I think I'm done with The Thing, though. I'm inundated with too many different editions.

Reactions: Gabrielyo
My Group Buy edition arrived yesterday. Thank the good Lord that the giant hole in the top of the box that I was able to put my finger thru, did not allow any damage. When I first saw the box I was like "OH, NO!!!!!", and held my breath until I got it out of there. Thankfully, it was bubblewrapped with the kind of love that lets items get to you blemish free!!!

I thank you @carllenc for your packaging prowess!!!

As for the edition....it's freakin' beautiful man. I know it has its detractors, but damn......this thing (no pun intended) is nice.