Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 26, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €34.99

715dzUaumdL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon.fr canceled my order because (translated from French):

We will be contacting you regarding your recent pre-order #403-2847358-0809916 with the item 'The Thing [Titans of Cult Edition-SteelBook 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray + Goodies]' (Asin: B0BB5DLGFJ).
We are sorry to inform you that we have had to cancel this item from your order because the manufacturer has informed us that it cannot deliver to Amazon in the quantities expected. Because this item is out of stock without the manufacturer's commitment to restock it, we are unable to deliver it to you.
If you see charges for the canceled item or items, the refund will be processed automatically within 5-7 business days.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this cancellation and thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards,
Amazon.com Customer Service

What a bunch of a**holes.

• Wow
Reactions: 5t33lb0y

We will be contacting you regarding your recent pre-order #403-2847358-0809916 with the item 'The Thing [Titans of Cult Edition-SteelBook 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray + Goodies]' (Asin: B0BB5DLGFJ).
We are sorry to inform you that we have had to cancel this item from your order because the manufacturer has informed us that it cannot deliver to Amazon in the quantities expected. Because this item is out of stock without the manufacturer's commitment to restock it, we are unable to deliver it to you.
If you see charges for the canceled item or items, the refund will be processed automatically within 5-7 business days.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this cancellation and thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards,

Lol. Twats! -_-

Kind regards,

Many French buyers also got this message. It's more and more common with Amazon.

• Wow
Reactions: Falihn

Kind regards,

Looks like Fnac still has it available, so at least you're not totally out of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilersteel
Can't tell you how many of these TOC releases I have received that have had scratched up steelbooks and dented steelbooks due to the plastic holder and the pin. Also amazing to see the resell value for some of these TOC releases. Not sure why so many purchasers have accepted this poor quality control, but it doesn't seem to be hurting TOC sales.

Looks like Fnac still has it available, so at least you're not totally out of luck.
There´s only 1 copy left there - and the reseller takes €143,90, Italy-one and Zavvi are sold out. A luck I still could order one - watched this video from Youtube, where you see how nice that edition looks:thumbs:

Last edited:
There´s only 1 copy left there - and the reseller takes €143,90, Italy-one and Zavvi are sold out. A luck I still could order one - watched this video from Youtube, where you see how nice that edition looks:thumbs:

Sorry to read that. When I posted earlier yesterday Fnac still had it for 39.99.l, but must have sold out before you were able to check.

Sorry to read that. When I posted earlier yesterday Fnac still had it for 39.99.l, but must have sold out before you were able to check.
It´s fine - I got one, I just wanted to tell before it´s completely sold out. Was €34.99. Now it´s gone and the price is 5x, but could be there´s backstock on Amazon soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: JGCramp
Got my edition today, haha - the UK-version has repack-discs for the Blu-Ray, while the french one has new discs (also with the UK-rating logo) - what a crap, but looks good and the steelbook is in good condition.
20221103_212214.jpg

20221103_212352.jpg

20221103_212507.jpg

20221103_212311.jpg

The Blood-Effect isn´t visible in the French edition when sealed like it is in the UK-one (video above). The patch causes the effect (not the steelbook), but it is positioned differently in the French one and you can see the effect only when you center the plastic holder on top of the steelbook. It´s the reason why I bought it and looks awesome, but you have to open it first. Sealed it looks boring, but now we know where these discussed marks/scuffs on the steelbook come from and why the Uk-one has them and the French-one not. This is an award winner for the cheapest made good looking edition.

Last edited: