The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult #18) [UK]

• Hello and happy early holidays from HiDefNinja! Please remember during November and December to click links on this site before purchasing from Amazon or other retailers like Zavvi. Every little bit helps and thank you so much for the dedicated support you show us by visiting!
Added to Calendar: 10-24-22

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 3, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99

715dzUaumdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51zn9dxv88L._AC_.jpg

Last edited:

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Eeevil Russian Empire
Well it didn't show oos beforehand whilst I was commenting on this forum and still was in basket ...which was obviously glitch on system. But thanks for the compliment
It shouldn't have been available in cart, if OOS, and since it's now been placed on an Exclusion list, that's probably why you couldn't get it to work.

Sep 10, 2020
Just got home and mine was waiting for me. Packaged in a nice sturdy parcel box instead of the usual wraparound mailer from Zavvi which was a nice surprise. Set looks great in hand, really happy with it :thumbs:

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Nov 25, 2020
I was just watching someone unbox this on youtube and I could see on the top left corner on the front, on the spot gloss there is a line, like an imperfection in the printing. Mine has one too and one on the bottom right also. I was under the impression I was just unlucky but now I am wondering do more people have this? Can anyone check? You have to kind of catch it in the light to see it.

Reactions: Boilersteel
Apr 10, 2021
I was just watching someone unbox this on youtube and I could see on the top left corner on the front, on the spot gloss there is a line, like an imperfection in the printing. Mine has one too and one on the bottom right also. I was under the impression I was just unlucky but now I am wondering do more people have this? Can anyone check? You have to kind of catch it in the light to see it.
Yeah mine is scuffed on the top left where the spot gloss is, on the top right and has some hairline scratches on the right side. I feel like that stupid plastic container that holds the pin and patch is the culprit. It is such a poor design to place a steelbook unwrapped in with a sharp plastic container that can and many times does scuff and scratch it.

Oct 28, 2022
Yep. I've also got the same mark. Clearly it's a manufacturing defect in the printing process and a "balls to this" in the quality control department .
There's seems to be a large number of reports highlighting the same spot.
Oh well, you can't get a Titans release without a fail somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20221028_134403.jpg
    IMG_20221028_134403.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Nov 25, 2020
Yep. I've also got the same mark. Clearly it's a manufacturing defect in the printing process and a "balls to this" in the quality control department .
There's seems to be a large number of reports highlighting the same spot.
Oh well, you can't get a Titans release without a fail somewhere.
Yeah right, Their rep ******* told me they hadn't seen it in any of the ones they have seen. And while I don't think it is on every single one so maybe they are not lying. I caught at least a few from videos or pics. So I am thinking it is fairly prolific.

Reactions: TheWildEye