The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 3 Red Carpet live, general sale at 9 AM - UK time)
Price: £29.99

The Thing SteelBook.jpg

Open.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Release details will be revealed next week likely on Monday

Matt Ferguson posted he will reveal details on Monday

Note steelbook using his artwork is not a zavvi exclusive

Entertainment Store listing for 4K amaray Collectors edition has been pulled from their ebay store as it was not meant to be announced until next week

Edit
They have relisted but it should not be as it not meant until next week be live to order

Release details will be revealed next week likely on Monday

Matt Ferguson posted he will reveal details on Monday

Note steelbook using his artwork is not a zavvi exclusive

Entertainment Store listing for 4K amaray Collectors edition has been pulled from their ebay store as it was not meant to be announced until next week
Just to confirm... the official reveal is next week/Monday? :p

Seriously, though... thanks Paul! :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
It's possible the steelbook artwork will be different to the collector's edition as in like how studiocanal collector edition steelbooks was different

We should know on Monday either way

I wonder if universal UK doing just 1 steelbook as in using Matt Ferguson artwork only or will we also have a zavvi exclusive using the WWA artwork

that's not how I do my fuc..g job. "something might happen some day" ... pro or amateur to you ?
He's already done the artwork
His post is about when he officially does the reveal on his Twitter and Facebook pages

It will be on Monday or possibly Tuesday instead
Matt's original post on twitter on Thursday 29th was Next Week some - thing special should be revealed
Be it on Monday or Tuesday it's still what he originally said next week
If he even delays to Wed-Sun to do the reveal it will still be as per details in his twitter post from last Thursday

The artwork was not meant to be shown until he done the reveal himself

This is why the other retailers Amazon/Zavvi/HMV not listed yet the amaray collector's edition that will be in next few days likely towards end of next week or following

I'm looking forward to the official reveal especially if the steelbook going to be different artwork from what was leaked already

Pre order
Tuesday August 3rd at around 9 AM

I don't know yet if it's a Zavvi Exclusive or trade wide

View attachment 513332
You’d have to think this one will show up in France since it matches the 4-movie Carpenter set that was also sold there. I got mine from Fnac.

You have to imagine it’ll be full gloss like the others, but otherwise meh. Arrow’s is still the winner IMO.

Anyway, I’m sure I’ll get this undoubtedly overpriced steelbook that I entirely don’t need just because I’ll want the full set of 5 with matching artwork that I don’t even think is particularly good.