The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 3 Red Carpet live, general sale at 9 AM - UK time)
Price: £29.99

The Thing SteelBook.jpg

Open.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You’d have to think this one will show up in France since it matches the 4-movie Carpenter set that was also sold there. I got mine from Fnac.

You have to imagine it’ll be full gloss like the others, but otherwise meh. Arrow’s is still the winner IMO.

Anyway, I’m sure I’ll get this undoubtedly overpriced steelbook that I entirely don’t need just because I’ll want the full set of 5 with matching artwork that I don’t even think is particularly good.
The other steelbooks was StudioCanal releases they mostly do gloss

This is a Universal release though so it's not a guarantee will be gloss and France release might be the other WWA steelbook

For now this is only a UK release but that could change

Reactions: JGCramp
Ohh FFS I really didn’t like those other 4 designs and I don’t like this either. Why couldn’t we have either of his other 2 recent thing artworks. They are miles better

The US version is even worse art though. I think I have enough of this film on physical media now. I’m not just buying because it’s the thing. I only want editions I actually like going forward.

100% in for this! Personally love the previous Carpenter steels Matt did and am super happy they allowed him to do a matching one for this. :D

P.S. It better be glossy like the others, too. :bored: