The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 3 Red Carpet live, general sale at 9 AM - UK time)
Price: £29.99

The Thing SteelBook.jpg

Open.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
won’t let me preorder it (I’m not red carpet) I click preorder and it takes me to the opening zavvi page so guess they’ve fixed it?
Looks like zavvi had it live by mistake for everyone as I don't have red carpet and did an order about 45 min ago

It will be live around 9 AM

No. It shows steelbook, but when trying to go for preorder it returns you to home page.
So it looks like it's still avaliable just for RC members.
It was live initially only for Red Carpet then went live for everyone about 15 min later

It's still live if you are using zavvi Ireland website

It's zavvi UK website that is locked to Red carpet until 9 AM
Check zavvi UK website about 10-15 min before 9am

Last edited:
Reactions: TheJoker
It was live initially only for Red Carpet then went live for everyone about 15 min later

It's still live if you are using zavvi Ireland website

It's zavvi UK website that is locked to Red carpet until 9 AM
Check zavvi UK website about 10-15 min before 9am

Zavvi.ie works as you said. :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Typical I asked when it goes on sale and it's out next day to preorder... It's nice that they've matched the other steel books, but, it's a terrible cover I've gone for the collectors edition instead.

Reactions: djjez83 and crib79
Last time I bought both editions from them, but this time only the CE, as the steelbook isn't that good, same background front and back, and looks too much like Escape from NY.
Maybe better than Best Buy exclusive...

If this was drawn by Joe Bloggs instead of Matt Ferguson we would all be slating this artwork

The art had made a lot of people unhappy in here

it will be glossy - guaranteed to match the Studio Canal ones. We worked closely with both SC and Matt on this one

You should of chose Matts other Thing artworks. Such better pieces with more detail. Major fail

Happy with my Arrow slipbox/steel combo, but the fact they're continuing this line of Carpenter's films has me hoping for an In the Mouth of Madness release down the line. Never had a Blu-ray release in the UK but it deserves one.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
To be fair, it's not entirely Matts fault, his hands were tied here, with obviously clear instructions to follow the designs of the previous Studio Canal artworks and that's what he has done, so fair play, i'm not that impressed with the art either, my Arrow steel from a few years ago is all I need. I've no need for this.....and overpriced as well.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
To be fair, it's not entirely Matts fault, his hands were tied here, with obviously clear instructions to follow the designs of the previous Studio Canal artworks and that's what he has done, so fair play, i'm not that impressed with the art either, my Arrow steel from a few years ago is all I need. I've no need for this.....and overpriced as well.

I fully hold the studio responsible for this. I like matts minimal art. But this and the other 4 are too samey. Especially when he’s created those lovely slip version artworks for the same films. This is on the studio. They just love sh!tting on steel collectors. Universal are so poor with finishes nowadays too