The Thing (2011) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Mill Creek Entertainment) (Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 18, 2023
Purchase link: Walmart
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

C9BAC759-AF6C-4E83-9A95-F09CADBB2199.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I made some several years ago and gave them away during Ninja Week for the John Carpenter version. Here's the video I put together showing the cards.
The Thing mini lobby cards

Just a little fanboy hobby I enjoy.
Oh, so you just print them out on your own photo printer, or order prints somewhere on thicker cardboard?
I also sometimes print character posters on 8x10cm cards, things like that, for films I like that didn't get anything like that released officially. Using Canon Selphy small printer with cartridges, comes out pretty good if the source image is high resolution.

Reactions: jaws finatic
Oh, so you just print them out on your own photo printer, or order prints somewhere on thicker cardboard?
I also sometimes print character posters on 8x10cm cards, things like that, for films I like that didn't get anything like that released officially. Using Canon Selphy small printer with cartridges, comes out pretty good if the source image is high resolution.
Yes, I print them out myself using a hard stock glossy paper. Have made them for several of my steels Love making them.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Hi @apsmith21, paid for shipping for this, could you give me an estimate as to when it will be dispatched? Cheers and thanks!

I rushed to get folks shipped out a couple of weeks back that had already paid for shipping because I've decided to redo my home office. Everything is packed away in boxes right now and I hope to get back to shipping in 2-3 weeks if all goes well.

awesome edition.. thanks for the groupbuy @apsmith21
walmart (or whoever produced them) even took the ever to put a protective film on the slipcase

View attachment 556473

View attachment 556474
As previouly mentioned post#9 it's a release from Mill Creek Entertainment

Mill Creek have done other SteelBook releases that have a Pet Slip
Flatliners
Lonesome Dove
Mothra
Street Fighter
Miami Vice
And other releases
Mill Creek Entertainment SteelBooks

Pet Slips sometimes have a removable protective film
Some don't notice this and think a slip looks dull due to not removing the protective film

Last edited:
Ach! How did I miss this GB! This looks great. Hopefully some boutique in the UK or Europe might pick this up. Enjoy it for me!!