Mar 25, 2013
London
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase links: Entertainment Store - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop - Amazon UK
Price: £39.99
Note: Includes 4 discs: 4K UHD, Blu-ray, The Thing 2011 Disc & Soundtrack CD

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you, but dangit, missed out on their full slip edition and you can't find it nowhere. thankfully, was able to get the full slip edition from CineMuseum sometime back. Since Second Sight still have rights, maybe they might do a 4k limited edition in the future. Love their Limited Editions!
I have the Cine-Museum embossed Full Slip the artwork is fantastic

I also have USA Scream Factory Steelbook and German Capelight Mediabook limited edition

The Second Sight Blu-ray though is better in terms of disc extras compared to Italy/German/USA releases

• Thanks
Reactions: Daubt
The Thing (No pun intended) that's puzzling me is that it's a great transfer but it doesn't appear to be the new scan that Arrow did (according to reviews) so are we going to get a special edition 4k release from arrow at some stage?

Received mine from Zavvi yesterday... came in one of those useless wraparound cardboard things, so the spine was squashed and now has a crease all the way down it. :sour:

• Wow
Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Received mine from Zavvi yesterday... came in one of those useless wraparound cardboard things, so the spine was squashed and now has a crease all the way down it. :sour:
Every time the same with zavvi...:sweat: I thought that they changed the shipment preparation after receiving the CE Last Action Hero inside of an oversided hard box with plenty of protection (although that did not avoid other damages coming from the manufacturing process...).
Now I am afraid what I will be receiving from them in the next days.

It's just one sh*tshow after the other with amazon logistics delivery. My LE was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, but despite getting a delivery for something else from Amazon, this wasn't one of them. Now it hasn't turned up today either (sunday), so have told amazon to cancel it, if they can find it that is. Ridiculous broken promises from Amazon. I even got an email of despatch for the Steelbook version and again, was supposed to be delivered on Sunday 19th, but again a no show. Fingers crossed for Monday then...

I have the Cine-Museum embossed Full Slip the artwork is fantastic

I also have USA Scream Factory Steelbook and German Capelight Mediabook limited edition

The Second Sight Blu-ray though is better in terms of disc extras compared to Italy/German/USA releases
The Second Sight edition? Or do you mean the Arrow edition?

The Second Sight edition? Or do you mean the Arrow edition?
Daubt and myself was discussing Assault on Precinct 13
Arrow did not do a release
Second Sight did in UK

Cine-Museum done a release for Assault on Precinct 13

Read the previous posts

Reactions: Daubt and MM3
Every time the same with zavvi...:sweat: I thought that they changed the shipment preparation after receiving the CE Last Action Hero inside of an oversided hard box with plenty of protection (although that did not avoid other damages coming from the manufacturing process...).
Now I am afraid what I will be receiving from them in the next days.
They seem to just ship orders in whatever piece of cardboard is closest to them at the time of packing stuff up... I mostly receive my items in those wraparound things I mentioned, but there have been times I've also received my order in proper boxes. For the record, my Last Action Hero CE came in the useless wraparound card sleeve and NOT a box, so just luck of the draw I guess!

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Received mine from Zavvi yesterday... came in one of those useless wraparound cardboard things, so the spine was squashed and now has a crease all the way down it.
Sadly, I have the same problem :(. My copy has just been delivered from HMV, in a wraparound mailer, and also has a crease along one side and along the base. The mailer has obiously been squashed at some point as there is a crease along the inner section as that as well. Unfortunately the slipbox isn't very strong and the insert seems very flimsy, so it wouldn't take much to damge it.

This edition wasn't particularly cheap at £40, and I will now have to decide whether to keep it or return it and get the standard 4K edition instead. I do sometimes wish that I wasn't so fussy :).

IMG_5025.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

The exact same type slip creases also happened with John Carpenter Studiocanal Collector Editions when they was released back in 2018
Some customers got lucky and some had bad creases

The slipbox is the same type soft cardboard that is the problem

It would been better if rigid slipbox been used instead

Reactions: lenticularis