Flloydo

That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn off shotgun
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
Release date: July 11, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £35.00 (Amazon) - £34.99 (HMV - Zavvi)

13794698-2124959965219688.jpg

13794698-1084959965267685.jpg
13794698-1784959965328519.jpg
13794698-1124959965171664.jpg
13794698-1684959965391450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Halo500 and milky
You missing my point a lot enjoyed the film Passion of Christ simply for the direction and acting and cinematography even those who don't have any religious beliefs including those that don't believe in any God
Okay. Mate seriously. Why are you explaining this to me? I have zero religious beliefs and don’t believe in god. In fact the most religious I’ve ever been is when I went to New Years fancy dress party as a crucified Jesus! but regardless of my non beliefs, I too like some religious films. So I know how it all works mate, when liking a film! I just look at it as fantasy. Especially when it’s in your face religious with Jesus Christ.

I’m also not saying it wasn’t enjoyed by people. The numbers are evident. It was the highest grossing R rated film - possibly still is

A lot of people enjoyed fast and furious 9 and GI Joe The rise of cobra, it don’t make them good films.

And anyway, Gibson is a decent director. He can clearly make a film. They always look good with the cinematography and direction. But I found passion excruciatingly boring. I don’t know why this has bothered you. Just laugh at the silly gif I posted and don’t bite because it’s oddly offended you. Stop taking comments on religion so seriously

Last edited:
Okay. Mate seriously. Why are you explaining this to me? I have zero religious beliefs and don’t believe in god. In fact the most religious I’ve ever been is when I went to New Years fancy dress party as a crucified Jesus! but regardless of my non beliefs, I too like some religious films. So I know how it all works mate, when liking a film! I just look at it as fantasy. Especially when it’s in your face religious with Jesus Christ.

I’m also not saying it wasn’t enjoyed by people. The numbers are evident. It was the highest grossing R rated film - possibly still is

A lot of people enjoyed fast and furious 9 and GI Joe The rise of cobra, it don’t make them good film.

And anyway, Gibson is a decent director. He can clearly make a film. They always look good with the cinematography and direction. But I found passion excruciatingly boring. I don’t know why this has bothered you. Just laugh at the silly gif I posted and don’t bite because it’s oddly offended you. Stop taking comments on religion so seriously
:rofl: I'm not discussing religious beliefs if makes no difference if someome has any or not as that is not what I'm posting about
I'm just discussing the film itself as in a performance in direction and acting etc

If you did not the film that's fine
But a lot simply did like the film just for cinematic reasons and a lot don't have any religious beliefs so that not revelant to these people as they don't believe anyway
Yes as far as I know it's still the highest grossing R rated film inflation adjusted but that might have changed since then I not checked

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
If you did not the film that's fine
But a lot simply did like the film just for cinematic reasons and a lot don't have any religious beliefs so that not revelant to these people as they don't believe anyway
Finally a normal response from you.

Exactly. And I get that. Like I said I’m the same with other “religious” films I enjoy.

Reactions: paulboland

A lot of people enjoyed fast and furious 9 and GI Joe The rise of cobra, it don’t make them good films.

For someone who says they don’t believe in Jesus Christ, how could anyone take your opinion about the movie Passion of the Christ as something credible?

You say well I don’t believe in wizards but I can enjoy Harry Potter. Well mentally you turn on that switch to enjoy that movie. I think you already enter Passion with a bias so how could one find any enjoyment out of it. You already don’t want to believe.

It’s a hard movie for sure, and amazing at the same time but it’s not supposed to be a hallmark movie either. The large majority of people who enjoy that movie and will rewatch it will be believers in Jesus Christ.

As for Nic Cage thought the previews looked awesome.

For someone who says they don’t believe in Jesus Christ, how could anyone take your opinion about the movie Passion of the Christ as something credible?
? Could say the same about sci fi tho. If they don’t believe in aliens how am I supposed to think their opinion on a sci fi film is credible
You say well I don’t believe in wizards but I can enjoy Harry Potter. Well mentally you turn on that switch to enjoy that movie. I think you already enter Passion with a bias so how could one find any enjoyment out of it. You already don’t want to believe.
That’s got nothing to do with it. I can enjoy any movie about any subject by turning switches on and off in my brain. I do it all the time. I can’t stand the royal family but the crown is incredible. I found passion to be a slog and my original comment was a joke like I said to Paul. Hence the gif
It’s a hard movie for sure, and amazing at the same time but it’s not supposed to be a hallmark movie either. The large majority of people who enjoy that movie and will rewatch it will be believers in Jesus Christ.
Okay!

It’s filmed well like I also stated. Not sure what else to say, I didn’t like the film. But I like other religious films so im not sure what the point of any of this is about. Just seems I’ve annoyed 2 people who loved the film. Oh well lol. Life goes on.

Yeah I can’t wait to see this film

? Could say the same about sci fi tho. If they don’t believe in aliens how am I supposed to think their opinion on a sci fi film is credible

That’s got nothing to do with it. I can enjoy any movie about any subject by turning switches on and off in my brain. I do it all the time. I can’t stand the royal family but the crown is incredible. I found passion to be a slog and my original comment was a joke like I said to Paul. Hence the gif

Okay!

It’s filmed well like I also stated. Not sure what else to say, I didn’t like the film. But I like other religious films so im not sure what the point of any of this is about. Just seems I’ve annoyed 2 people who loved the film. Oh well lol. Life goes on.

Yeah I can’t wait to see this film
I'm not annoyed, just having a general discussion is all. So please dont read my text in that way, its more like im asking/questioning your thought while at the same time not accepting your "take" on it. Nothing personal.

I just think there is a big difference with that film vs. others and even the "happy feel good" type religious movies. Even those dont compare in my view. It's a hard swallow, the beating and torture is not something you would find in any typical religious movie.

you mention sci fi movies .... again you go in knowing that movie is fake. General audience knows what they are watching is not real. Whether you believe in JC or not, people do and those go in watching that movie as that. So you aren't the general audience because you yourself admit you dont believe. You are starting a movie with a preconceived bias of a subject matter that is supposed to be REAL. Whereas I start Star Wars with no bias, despite it being fake, but am willing to believe and accept. Therefore higher chance I "like it"

We turn off certain switches in our brains and/or are willing to accept these fictitious worlds to enjoy other films. ie. I'm willing to accept that cars can transform into robots to enjoy Transformers .... that's not real. (granted Elon musk might argue that)

I guess its also a bit like .... "I dont know nothing about football, I hate football, but hey let me tell you all about what was right and wrong with this football match I just watched." How much credibility would my take have?

ps. I love football, American. And I like football, /therestoftheworld

Looks great! Just need to watch the film now to see whether it's actually worth a purchase or not.

I'm worries with this one that the ratings will be printed on the cover itself, rather than being stickers. Think I may cancel my preorder and go for the US version instead.

I'm worries with this one that the ratings will be printed on the cover itself, rather than being stickers. Think I may cancel my preorder and go for the US version instead.
BBFC age ratings are not printed on Steelbooks in UK a long time now
It's been over 10 years since they was printed

BBFC age rating logos are on a Jcard or removable stickers If on steelbook itself

Pet slips can have the BBFC age ratings printed but not on the steelbook itself

Some pet slips use stickers or have text printed or be a mix of both

Lionsgate UK Pet Slips the BBFC age ratings are printed

Pet Slips in UK is just a different type of Jcard