(Pre-oreder date: Jan. 26, 2018)
Purchase link: Kimchidvd Novamedia
Price:
USD 30.99
26991954_1550347905035062_6141780938058474516_n.jpg

villainess - korea.jpg

Last edited:
Novamedia's description says "Plain Edition"

Could be an error on their part although YesAsia states Normal Edition as well. It's quite possible FNC are only making 1000 of these LE versions and the sites aren't getting a decent amount of stock. Same thing happened with The Age of Shadows where the LE box sold out right away.

Film is pretty bad anyway. People expecting Oldboy + John Wick or something should reign in their expectations considerably!

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Sorry to be contrary here. I returned this right after receiving it. The print quality of this slipcover is shockingly low. It is like those of HK releases at half the price.

And FnC is increasingly using this marketing ploy of a random card, which may or may not be signed, that some packages will receive. I'm sure most of the packages will have none. (I have 6 FnC releases now and none has a random card. That's 6 out of 6.) So that makes this a very plain edition. And $30+ for that with a very low print quality slipcover!

The latest Memoir of a Murderer release also has the same low print quality, so be warned. I am very wary now of getting future FnC releases.

Sorry to be contrary here. I returned this right after receiving it. The print quality of this slipcover is shockingly low. It is like those of HK releases at half the price.

And FnC is increasingly using this marketing ploy of a random card, which may or may not be signed, that some packages will receive. I'm sure most of the packages will have none. (I have 6 FnC releases now and none has a random card. That's 6 out of 6.) So that makes this a very plain edition. And $30+ for that with a very low print quality slipcover!

The latest Memoir of a Murderer release also has the same low print quality, so be warned. I am very wary now of getting future FnC releases.
Totally agree.
Pretty expensive for a very ordinary edition.
Keeping mine just for the dtsx disc.

I actually gpt a signed card in Memoir of a Murderer though sadly it's not Sol Kyung-gu. So they are out there.. I just don't think they're signing a whole lot of them. I definitely get annoyed when I don't get one after getting my hopes up so I understand how you feel lol. I would love a Kim Ok-bin autograph (mainly because of her work in Thirst and Accidental Gangster) but wasn't paying the money for this turd of a film for the low chance of getting one! I think I've had a card in most releases - just almost never signed. Age of Shadows remains the best quality slipbox imo.

I can understand @StifflersDad .

Congrats @Last Lizard getting a signed card.

I knew the chance of getting a card is low so I wasn't too disappointed not getting one. What I couldn't help but feel ripped off was that I was expecting a decent quality slipcover at this kind of price. That is why I've been buying Korean issues at prices 3 times of a normal blu-ray movie from Amazon because I am happy with the quality of slipcovers that came with Korean releases.

So when I received this and Memoir of a Murderer I was shocked and frankly disgusted that FnC could just pass off such quality at such prices. So now I know I can no longer just buy blindly except from issuers like PA and Blu plus a few.

I returned and got the UK issue of Villainess instead at less than £10.

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
same artwork as the French steelbook
I like this cover very much and maybe I bought it on pre-order, because I missed the FNAC-Sale where they did sell the steelbook of, the villainess Peppermint and others. I had it in the cart but site crashed and Paypal didn`t work. Now they are all sold out and hard to find - what would have made it a very good deal I think. But the Mediabook - like all editions for the film - is good and worth a purchase.

Last edited: