Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
ok with all except why Enid; Tara irks me as a choice as a well

After reading headlines about this shocking episode I was left let down having just watched it. Feel they pussied out with their choices rather than following the source material tbh

Reactions: spawnshop
I must admit I really enjoyed it, I don’t follow the comics though so I had no idea what was coming. I didn’t expect that to happen anyway!

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
This was the worst season I have seen so far. Very slow and ending was :meh:
Departure of Maggie out of the Blue :meh:

Will wait for Fear the Walking Dead in June maybe that might shed some light hope Maggie meets up with that group and Maybe Rick :woot:

Will wait for Fear the Walking Dead in June maybe that might shed some light hope Maggie meets up with that group and Maybe Rick :woot:
Morgan is joining that show.

Maggie (Lauren Cohan) didn't renew her contract so like Rick (Andrew Lincoln) she was done after the mid-season finale. Neither will ever appear in Fear the Walking Dead however I believe they're hopeful Maggie will be back in future seasons of the main show and Rick is getting his own trilogy of films. Michonne (Danai Gurira) apparently isn't going to be back for Season 10 but they've obviously done nothing thus far to write her out of things so I assume she'll be back for at least the first few episodes of the new season

Morgan is joining that show.

I don't watch it but Morgan's been in it for ages hasn't he? I think Dwight is joining it soon though

Maggie (Lauren Cohan) didn't renew her contract so like Rick (Andrew Lincoln) she was done after the mid-season finale. Neither will ever appear in Fear the Walking Dead however I believe they're hopeful Maggie will be back in future seasons of the main show and Rick is getting his own trilogy of films. Michonne (Danai Gurira) apparently isn't going to be back for Season 10 but they've obviously done nothing thus far to write her out of things so I assume she'll be back for at least the first few episodes of the new season

I don't watch it but Morgan's been in it for ages hasn't he? I think Dwight is joining it soon though

Yes Morgan is already in season 4. Season 5 will start in June Dwight might be joining in season 5 who knows.
At least now I know Rick or Maggie will not be in Fear the Walking Dead

Season 10 Key Art

1.jpg

About Season 10:
The Walking Dead is a story that started 10 years ago with one man trying to find his family. That family grew and gradually communities took shape. They fought and survived, thrived and gave birth to a new generation. It is a tale of humankind and there are more stories to tell. It is now Spring, a few months after the end of Season 9, when our group of survivors dared to cross into Whisperer territory during the harsh winter. The collected communities are still dealing with the after effects of Alpha’s horrific display of power, reluctantly respecting the new borderlines being imposed on them, all while organizing themselves into a militia-style fighting force, preparing for a battle that may be unavoidable. But the Whisperers are a threat unlike any they have ever faced. Backed by a massive horde of the dead it is seemingly a fight they cannot win. The question of what to do and the fear it breeds will infect the communities and give rise to paranoia, propaganda, secret agendas, and infighting that will test them as individuals and as a society. The very idea of whether civilization can survive in a world filled with the dead hangs in the balance.

loving this season so far as well as last season the new show runner is breathing new life into this series after the none event which was all out war