The Wicker Man (1973) - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (StudioCanal) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 25, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99
Notes: 4 Discs (2 x UHD and 2 x Blu-ray) 3 cuts of the film Final Cut /Theatrical Cut/Director's Cut in 4K

81Qk8rNMH0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
91i12IARE9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91yB79Pu5WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Have to say I much prefer this artwork to the Midsommar-esque cover we'd seen earlier. I'll be going with this.

As for £40, I've no quibbles really. I've paid worse for less! Haven't we all?

The prices seem to get worse every month, this hobby is becoming an overpriced joke. This is one film plus extras, what hole are they pulling a price of £40 out of?
Probably the same hole they pulled the £60 out of, for the collector's edition. SC have started charging £30/35 for 4K catalogue/new releases for a bit now, particularly for new remasters. It'll be the 4 discs in this one they'll be using to justify the price. I'd expect there's 2 4K discs in there TBC.

Absolutely beautiful but a bit miffed seeing as I just picked up the previous steel expecting this to have artwork matching the collectors edition. Temped to bite the bullet but £40 is extortionate.

£40! :rofl:
What the hell is going on here?
Are they having a laugh, clearly they are.
F. That.
How can the US Best Buy produce some of the most sort after and gorgeous 4K and HD Steelbook designs at super low cost, yet here in the UK and Europe we barely get any decent art from any and all distributers and then we get ransacked rough and thick at twice the price. It's bonkers.
Collectors need to stop bending over at these prices.
Don't buy it.
Hopefully pick it up in a sale. It can't be that popular.

Last edited:
Yeah that is lovely art. Possibly better than the black matte illustrated steel from years ago. But again I don’t like the film enough to double dip and certainly not at that price. But good work on the art (and the other edition)

F. That.
How can the US Best Buy produce some of the most sort after and gorgeous 4K and HD Steelbook designs at super low cost, yet here in the UK and Europe we barely get any decent art from any and all distributers and then we get ransacked rough and thick at twice the price. It's bonkers.
Don't buy it.
There’s plenty of garbage released through Best Buy; and while you’re right about the pricing (that it’s absurd), plenty in the States are at a similar price point (for example, the new Ant-Man here is $39). Plus, with Best Buy you’re almost guaranteed to get a damaged steelbook for your money.

We won’t even get a steelbook for The Wicker Man unless Lionsgate release it (and even then if it is one of their $19.99 steelbooks we’d probably only get the Final Cut).

F. That.
Don't buy it.
Exactly this, hopefully drops in price alot, not paying that, even with discount at launch its still too much.