They Live (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Scream Factory) [USA]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: January 17, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon (SteelBook) - Shout Factory (SteelBook + Poster) - Shout Factory (SteelBook + Poster + 5 Enamel Pin Set)
Price: $27.99 (Amazon) - $31.99 (Shout Factory with Poster) - $93.99 (Shout Factory with Poster & Enamel Pin Set Bundle)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Notes: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE 28.5" x 16.5” ROLLED POSTER featuring the newly designed SteelBook artwork along with the SteelBook or get the SteelBook, Poster and 5 Pin Set Bundle.

5tMZ8OF.jpg

1667352602378.png
1667351344290.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also a set that includes the steelbook, the poster and a 5-pin set for $93.99.

The poster image below shows what the back of the steelbook will look like.

See details below. They Live [Limited Edition Steelbook] + Poster + Enamel Pin Set - UHD/Blu-ray :: Shout! Factory

View attachment 544596

This ShoutFactory.com exclusive offer contains the following items:

• They Live [Limited Edition Steelbook]
  • A limited edition 28.5" x 16.5” rolled poster of the newly designed Steelbook artwork from artist Devon Whitehead (this will ship rolled, in a poster tube)
Plus, Scream Factory and Gutter Garbs have teamed up to bring you the official They Live Collectible Enamel Pin Set, exclusive to ShoutFactory.com and limited to 1,000 units. This set features officially licensed pins of Nada (Roddy Piper) and Frank (Keith David) and is a must-have for every They Live fan!

• Set includes 5 hard enamel pins
  • Each pin measures 1.5” to 2” high
  • Set includes a backer card, which measures approximately 6” x 5”, housed in a custom keepsake box, which measures approximately 7” x 6”
  • Art by Matthew Skiff
that's a hell of a price jump, for the pins and a simple box...

Reactions: Stygian
Ordered the 4K steel with poster. Not a collector of pins anyways, especially at that price.

This art looks like an endtime apocalypse sci-fi drill, but the movie contains only a "slightly" changed reality with some aliens. and it is not that violent. Nice painting anyway
I mean, technically, they're nearly all images from the flick, from memory... , maybe more would have watched it, if they had this poster back in the day :)

Reactions: komor
I mean, technically, they're nearly all images from the flick, from memory... , maybe more would have watched it, if they had this poster back in the day :)
But there were some great artworks for this one. I watched it twice and always liked the camera and the way how the journey of Rowdy was filmed. I guess I don´t have to mention, that you have to look at the movie without focussing too much on the main character. It is clear, that the WWF gave this one a finacial boost - and you can see it - it´s genious. Rowdy was ok as actor imo.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
Yes just keeping the poster and will sell the steelbook. I have the Thing poster , Big Trouble in Little China, The Fog, and will get this all framed up!
OK, but what about these? I'm honestly curious, since I have "stopped collecting" once or twice myself :)

taher.jpg

The cool artwork on this steel reminds me of how I always thought this film could be remade with a better script and much higher budget. The potential is there.

Reactions: Lenny Nero