Thor (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Release date: September 26, 2011
Purchase link: HMV.com (Sold-out)

BSP2292.JPG

Actual pictures: (Thanks to MrFurious and Elena)
Thor.jpg

Thor2.jpg

Thor3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If there where more steels going aroundi guess just not as many released in U.S.A. but u could get one at place that sells used blu rays. I think I could find something at the FYE by my house sometime. Or just a few weeks ago I found Iron Man 2 target metal pack at V-Stock in the mall used. That was a great pickup I think.
d7af79dcfa120b6665e2131bf9411bb7.jpg

Yeah you might find some steels but not Thor HMV first print for 15 pounds

Yeah you might find some steels but not Thor HMV first print for 15 pounds

Going to have to pay for this one. I bit the bullet on it from a trusted member here and at BR site. Normally, I'd probably just get a cheaper one like Zavvi, but the cover for this one (and Captain America) is not very good on the new ones, the original releases are beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to have to pay for this one. I bit the bullet on it from a trusted member here and at Blu-ray.com. Normally, I'd probably just get a cheaper one like Zavvi, but the cover for this one (and Captain America) is not very good on the new ones, the original releases are beautiful.

Yes they are beautiful to have in hand, gorgeous steels to have. Glad I got a great deal on them

Man do I wish I had one of these. My avengers collection is only at iron man with slip, incredible hulk with 3d lenti, and iron man 2 metalpak. Would love to expand!

don't understand the fascination with sealed copies i really don't

j-card could be hiding many a nasty.

Congrats, you just answered your own question :thumbs:

But seriously, every collector community has it's own unwritten rules, gun collectors would pay more for an antique gun if it still has scratches and patina etc, and a steel is worth more if it's sealed, because this means nobody touched it with their greasy fingers and it shows that the owner cares about his babies ...

Congrats, you just answered your own question :thumbs:

But seriously, every collector community has it's own unwritten rules, gun collectors would pay more for an antique gun if it still has scratches and patina etc, and a steel is worth more if it's sealed, because this means nobody touched it with their greasy fingers and it shows that the owner cares about his babies ...

I wouldn't say that owner cares any less about the steel if its opened, just means that they like watching the movie instead of just staring at it and wishing they could watch it. I would rather have my collection opened compared to sealed anyday. Also if you are really concerned about "greasy fingers" then wears gloves when handling the steel. :thumbs:

Back on the Thor subject itself, this copy is my favorite out of Marvels Phase One Steels and sealed or opened will be valuable.

It was obviously visible for the seller - he just sold it as mint. I couldnt care less about sealed steelbooks, but i got for a really great price. This why it fu**s me up even more

Yeah, I wasn't having a go at you, But the seller, I don't know how you can claim something as mint if it's sealed, sell it as sealed but don't claim it to be mint. I would personally have a open/mint then a sealed copy of anything :thumbs: