Thor: Love and Thunder (4K+2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: October 03, 2022
Purchase links: SteelBook Only - Collector's Edition (Pre-order on August 26th at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (SteelBook Only) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: SteelBook has a matte finish

Screenshot 2022-08-23 170814.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-25 154154.jpg

Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
Collector's Edition back in stock!
Bought for £45, RC10OFF code works.
None of the 15% ones that I know of do, though.

I suppose this is a bad time to mention the border isn't centre either :shipped:
But seriously, it's a bad Steelbook.
But remember Zavvi don't make them, they just pay to have them exclusive.
Well then they have to stop paying for them. I got into a huge argument about this on Reddit too. As far as I'm concerned, it's a zavvi exclusive, they are the ones at fault. If it was like a general release like the recent Edge of tomorrow I wouldn't be focusing my aggro at zavvi. But they have the exclusive rights for UK distribution of it, therefore it must have been someones decision somewhere to choose this one. What possible reason could Disney have to make a **** version and a good one? It is certainly not unreasonable to want equivalent quality.

Reactions: TGO and Lenny Nero
Well then they have to stop paying for them. I got into a huge argument about this on Reddit too. As far as I'm concerned, it's a zavvi exclusive, they are the ones at fault. If it was like a general release like the recent Edge of tomorrow I wouldn't be focusing my aggro at zavvi. But they have the exclusive rights for UK distribution of it, therefore it must have been someones decision somewhere to choose this one. What possible reason could Disney have to make a **** version and a good one? It is certainly not unreasonable to want equivalent quality.
I feel ya, I really do and Zavvi needs a kick up the arse as they lose too many damn orders imo
But they honestly know as much as we do when those steels are announced and I'd imagine they aren't a film by film deal.
As to why Disney makes 2 different versions, I'd imagine they are made by two different groups.
Both got the design, one just slapped it on a Steelbook the other was more creative.
But all of them, HMV, Zavvi, Amazon, blufans, filmarena etc get them from same place.
Only difference being the latter actually produce extra stuff to go with their releases.
The others you get straight up what the film studios is producing for your country.
And yes as we are English we pay more for less.
Always have, always will :cautious:

Reactions: yeslek
It’s nothing to do with Zavvi. The person on Reddit was right.

The U.K. steelbook is the same in all European counties and Australia. It’s Disney you need to talk to. They change the finish for North America

It's a WWA SteelBook that has a shared print run in Europe
Zavvi just get as a exclusive as retailer for UK
Zavvi is a retailer that just sells products provided from distributors some they get as exclusive for UK but will be available in other european countries from other retailers
In regards to Disney/Marvel Zavvi SteelBooks has a contract for retailer exclusive in UK but that don't mean a same release won't be available in other European/Asia countries
It also would have been the exact same SteelBook if Amazon UK or HMV had got as a exclusive instead of Zavvi for UK

The exact same SteelBook is available from UK/Germany/France/Italy/Finland/Sweden/Denmark and other European Countries and also Australia
Asia Countries also use Europe Steelbook in regards to WWA SteelBooks

European releases majority of the time are shared print runs that's why the Steelbooks releases is the same in those countries most times
Only difference would be Jcard and Discs

Disney USA/Canada and Disney UK/Europe/Asia are separate distributors to each other
What USA get has nothing to do with Europe/Asia releases as those releases are from different distributor and the Steelbooks are manufactured in a different region to each other

SteelBooks from Scanavo
USA made in North America or Mexico
Europe/Asia SteelBook releases are made in either Denmark/China

A different finish been used happens often between USA and Europe/Asia SteelBooks it's nothing new as they are manufactured in different Scanavo plants to each other

Zavvi is a retailer that just sells products provided from distributors some they get as exclusive for UK but will be available in other european countries from other retailers
In regards to Disney/Marvel Zavvi SteelBooks has a contract for retailer exclusive in UK but that don't mean a same release won't be available in other European/Asia countries
It also would have been the exact same SteelBook if Amazon UK or HMV had got as a exclusive instead of Zavvi for UK

The exact same SteelBook is available from UK/Germany/France/Italy/Finland/Sweden/Denmark and other European Countries and also Australia

European releases majority of the time are shared print runs that's why the Steelbooks releases is the same in those countries most times

Disney USA/Canada and Disney UK/Europe/Asia are separate distributors to each other
What USA get has nothing to do with Europe/Asia releases as those releases are from different distributor and the Steelbooks are manufactured in a different region to each other

SteelBooks from Scanavo

A different finish been used happens often between USA and Europe/Asia SteelBooks it's nothing new
But Zavvi have acquired several teams that work for their in house design right? Am I wrong or don't they own Arrow? And the bought up everythingblu which is responsible for the new Rambo due next week. But even so I will concede that fair enough so they don't have specific control over what Disney releases the get, but they have to be our first point of contact to complain at if we want this **** changed? Like we can't just keep getting ****** versions of steelbooks in Europe. And I don't know how you get enough people to vote with their wallets to cause a change. It doesn't help that until the steelbooks actually start to land we don't actually know what they will be like in a lot of cases.

But Zavvi have acquired several teams that work for their in house design right? Am I wrong or don't they own Arrow? And the bought up everythingblu which is responsible for the new Rambo due next week. But even so I will concede that fair enough so they don't have specific control over what Disney releases the get, but they have to be our first point of contact to complain at if we want this **** changed? Like we can't just keep getting ****** versions of steelbooks in Europe. And I don't know how you get enough people to vote with their wallets to cause a change. It doesn't help that until the steelbooks actually start to land we don't actually know what they will be like in a lot of cases.
Zavvi had not done any design on SteelBooks apart from the release listed below
Films Studios/Distributor done all the artwork and finish design on all previous SteelBooks that Zavvi sold
That is why Zavvi previously mentioned they don't do any artwork design

The only release Zavvi Staff have done design so far is the Zavvi Steelbook release of Rambo First Blood as in done by Everything Blu Team that joined THG in December 2021

So far no other Steelbook before this has Zavvi Staff been involved in the design

This is a WWA SteelBook and why is the same in other Europe Countries

In regards to Arrow

Thg has no involvement in which films titles are decided for a release that done by Arrow themselves
Artwork design is done by Arrow/Film Studio
Arrow Films are a Distributor
James Flower from Arrow Films has said the following With regards THG, they have zero involvement or say in our acquisitions and never have done.

Zavvi get more exclusives now simply due to Arrow connection to THG

It's not Zavvi that own Arrow it's THG
THG is a group of separate run business from each other
Zavvi is just one of over 50 different companies that is connected to THG

The online website in regards to Zavvi and Arrow that is run by Thg Ingenuity that is why they look the same
Thg Ingenuity also operate the online websites for other companies connected to THG and also some other retailers not owned by THG

Arrow Video online store websites is a separate run business to Arrow Films the Distributor

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Steelbook sold out, does this have a smaller print run? with doctor strange not sold out i didn't think this would either?
but i did order last night....so no problem.

Steelbook sold out, does this have a smaller print run? with doctor strange not sold out i didn't think this would either?
but i did order last night....so no problem.
WWA Europe SteelBooks are shared print runs

Amount of stock allocated by the distributor to retailers in each country can vary

Some retailers get more stock allocated than others so will vary when a retailer is sold out

As usual with Zavvi sometimes they get allocated more stock from the distributor after release date on some releases as in unsold stock from Europe made available
The distribotor in UK just adds the UK Jcard and Discs to Steelbook
Note It might also not come back in stock with Zavvi

SteelBooks from Scanavo

A different finish been used happens often between USA and Europe/Asia SteelBooks it's nothing new as they are manufactured in different Scanavo plants to each other
I know you are a very technical person regarding film releases, but technically speaking, Mexico is part of North America.

They’ve just added the single steel and collectors set to the exclusion list along with 23 other titles including cabin In the woods and a bunch of other new releases lol! So the codes no longer work for now!

They really don’t want people buying from them do they

• Wow
Reactions: Lenny Nero
They’ve just added the single steel and collectors set to the exclusion list along with 23 other titles including cabin In the woods and a bunch of other new releases lol! So the codes no longer work for now!

o wow so going to have to play the game of get them in the window of opportunity lol..

I don't think the realise, how much I can live without their Editions with increased postage and disabled paid-for-code lies.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Evri delivered mine today and just like @JinxyKatte the box was 5 times too big and had absolutely zero padding or bubble wrap so steelbook would of been moving around like crazy. Luckily no damage. Zavvi must of run outta their usual single steelbook packaging.
I think Evri has 'lost' mine! At 18:08 on Sunday, they updated their tracking system with "We're sorry we're not able to deliver your parcel today, but we will deliver it on the next working day.". Zavvi CS said it was being prepared for delivery yesterday, but I'm still waiting and tracking still hasn't been updated since Sunday. This won't be the first time that [we lose you parcel] Evri [time] has 'lost' a package I was expecting to receive...

Reactions: djjez83
I think Evri has 'lost' mine! At 18:08 on Sunday, they updated their tracking system with "We're sorry we're not able to deliver your parcel today, but we will deliver it on the next working day.". Zavvi CS said it was being prepared for delivery yesterday, but I'm still waiting and tracking still hasn't been updated since Sunday. This won't be the first time that [we lose you parcel] Evri [time] has 'lost' a package I was expecting to receive...
Lost and nicked are two different things, i would bet on the latter ;)