Thor: Ragnarok (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre order is live on Saturday August 3rd from 6PM UK time)
Price: £28.99

thor_rag.jpg

12239324-1664693765036242.jpg 12239324-2034693764586752.jpg 12239324-2544693765209066.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know if this is the end of the classic poster framed by matching borders Zavvi Marvel steelbooks or if they are going to do all 20 plus of them in this style?

The lentis are improving though and it’d be unsatisfying if they didn’t finish the line

Plus some of the newer lenticular steelbooks have had some rad embossing (Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange)

I love the worn poster look but I doubt Disney will finish them, seems like Zavvi is pursuing the lenticular steelbooks and will hopefully finish the line

Reactions: virkia
The lentis are improving though and it’d be unsatisfying if they didn’t finish the line

Plus some of the newer lenticular steelbooks have had some rad embossing (Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange)

I love the worn poster look but I doubt Disney will finish them, seems like Zavvi is pursuing the lenticular steelbooks and will hopefully finish the line

Yeah but matte is just a kick in the teeth

I can see Disney finishing them. Already had the cap trilogy. Iron man trilogy starts to ship from next week, Thor after that. We’ve seen US threads for guardians 1, antman & strange so they should follow here.
Only thing is we had the 2 Avengers 4k steels that are different art style to these plus embossing and gloss and I hope we get the same for infinity war and endgame eventually and personally I kinda like that those 2 (and hopefully the last 2) are in a different design as they are kinda check points in the MCU.

Ragnarok went up for pre order (and it’s only been a few months since their lenti) so they defo won’t hold back on guardians 2, antman and the wasp and black panther at some point.

These are all currently sold out (ragnarok will eventually) and they actually look decent in hand so far with a matching theme. They will 100% continue these. And they will continue the lenticular editons too. Just personally would be happy if they dropped them ones.

The lentis have only improved since guardians 2 and ragnarok and they still ain’t great. So that’s like 19 films with crap lentis still lol.

But the matte finishes lets them down 95% regardless of some having half decent bossing

Guardians 1 & Dr. Strange will also come in this form
Didn't notice those - great news and thanks for the info . . . personally hope they continue with this line after ANT-MAN, GOTG and DOCTOR STRANGE as well as the lenti line which goes all the way back to AVENGERS ASSEMBLE in April 2015.
With the new "2 per customer" it's a kick in the head and pocket for the re-sellers and if RAGNAROK doesn't sell out within a week I wouldn't be surprised if that policy is returned to "max 5 per customer".

1564918172663.png

1564918076692.png
1564918106743.png

1564918335255.png

Regarding dropping the zero/recently matte finish lenti line in favour of a gloss line is a popular topic and there's even a poll on another site - the result of which "will be sent to Zavvi":-

Faut-il arrêter les magnets lenticulaires des steelbooks zavvi Marvel pour avoir une finition glossy ?

• Oui. (87%, 245 Votes)

• Non. (13%, 38 Votes)
Total Voters: 283

Last edited:
Now that BestBuy (Canada and US) have released the others, is there any expectation to get this, GOTG Vol 2 and Ant-Man & The Wasp released in the same style as well? Woud be nice to get the set!

Cheers!

Reactions: dfoles
I’m really hoping for black panther. The poster art is the same as blufans steelbook (I know it wouldn’t have the finishing but I already have a premium BP so that’s fine).

Now that BestBuy (Canada and US) have released the others, is there any expectation to get this, GOTG Vol 2 and Ant-Man & The Wasp released in the same style as well? Woud be nice to get the set!

Cheers!
I get the feeling that any other re-released MCU steelbooks would arrive at best buy in november on the same day as the $550 infinity saga box set.

• Wow
Reactions: Shadow of Light
Also shipped can't wait to get my hands on this one. Gonna be a busy old week for me steelbook wise (this, toy story 2, Spider-Man far from home)