Thor: Ragnarok (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre order is live on Saturday August 3rd from 6PM UK time)
Price: £28.99

thor_rag.jpg

12239324-1664693765036242.jpg 12239324-2034693764586752.jpg 12239324-2544693765209066.jpg

Last edited:
x1 Dispatched . . . looking forward to this one as bound to look better than INFINITY WAR with streaks against an orange background less visible than against black.

shipped as well, will be interesting to see if this will look exactly like the mock up and not have the weathered, scratched up look of this range (the rear art does continue the trend), or if it is indeed scratch free, which I would imagine to some people be a bit of a mismatch as it won't be an actual matching set, despite the border being the same.

Do you think Best Buy US will get this release to match the other 2 previous releases? If not I may pick this up.

Still waiting for my copy . . . not too surprised to see that brushed metallic effect on the background - as on CAPTAIN AMERICA for example - and even though this new one has a framing border it sure looks different in comparison to the others without the same folded distressed poster look + fold lines and with its patterned frame:-
1573353467536.png
1573352268264.png

Still waiting for my copy . . . not too surprised to see that brushed metallic effect on the background - as on CAPTAIN AMERICA for example - and even though this new one has a framing border it sure looks different in comparison to the others without the same folded distressed poster look + fold lines and with its patterned frame:-
View attachment 454521 View attachment 454519

Well that brushed metal look is very disappointing. I guess the UK releases are different after all. The North American steelbook of Captain America does not have that brushed metal look at all. None of the steelbooks in this wave have that here in Canada.

I have Thor: Ragnarok on the way and that just looks awful. Hopefully there will be a North American release eventually.

Reactions: gaeljet
View attachment 454521 View attachment 454519
You could tell from the product shots on zavvi that this wasn't going to have the same folded poster vibe to it. As for the brushed metal I kind of expected this being a UK release as aposed to the US releases. Personally I'll know better tomorrow when I get it in hand but I don't know why everyone is moaning. Look exactly like I expected it too

Looks great in hand. Background does have a more metallic finish to the rest of the 4k wave but the images pop much much more than say the new zavvi spidey steelbook. Don’t have to look at this at an angle to see the actual art!

Revived my Thor Ragnarok today. Come on I was always gonna love this one and I really do. Like I said on the Spider-Man far from home steelbook the brushed metallic look doesn't bother me at all. I love the artwork. I think this could be my favourite marvel 4k release so far in this wave

Reactions: St4rlord
I think this is defo the best one of the 4K used poster look wave
The ironic thing about that statement is that this steelbook doesn't feature the used poster look, they forgot to add the filter to the front art like the others, the back art has the used look though...?! Weird. Doesn't really make it a matching set does it ?, the border kind of helps, but there you go...Nice image though.

Reactions: St4rlord
The ironic thing about that statement is that this steelbook doesn't feature the used poster look, they forgot to add the filter to the front art like the others, the back art has the used look though...?! Weird. Doesn't really make it a matching set does it ?, the border kind of helps, but there you go...Nice image though.

It does, it don’t have the lines like the others but it has bits kinda scratched out above and to the right of hulk and on some of the other characters. Unless that’s the normal art and I never noticed it before.

don’t stand out for me for that reason that it has the used look anyway

Edit: I think that used look is on the original poster so maybe that’s why they missed it off this one. Sits well with them though

Last edited: