Thoughts on the new European Super Cup

zeebeer

(<>____<>)
Premium Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
The Netherlands/Finland
Football just died.
1618787713498.png

As a lifelong Man United fan my heart is f**king broken. Basically, smaller clubs and fans are getting screwed by mainly non-european rich investors who are here for the money. Everything I love about football is gone and taken away. If this actually happens, and it looks like it will, a part of my love for football and for my club will just end. The sport has lost its soul.
It was fun while it lasted (n)

Let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear and discuss some new insights on what this all is going to mean for us fans.

Reactions: Robles
Football just died.
View attachment 503653

As a lifelong Man United fan my heart is f**king broken. Basically, smaller clubs and fans are getting screwed by mainly non-european rich investors who are here for the money. Everything I love about football is gone and taken away. If this actually happens, and it looks like it will, a part of my love for football and for my club will just end. The sport has lost its soul.
It was fun while it lasted (n)

Let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear and discuss some new insights on what this all is going to mean for us fans.
I was glad to see yesterday that all the English clubs had pulled out of this.
This really would have been the final nail in the coffin for us fans, football really isn't the game that it used to be. I think there's far too much money involved nowadays and for me this really has ruined the love that I used to have.

Don't get me wrong I still love the game but definitely not in the way that I used to, for instance, we have a cup final on Sunday and a few years back this week would have been filled with excitement for it, not so much now.

Reactions: zeebeer
I was glad to see yesterday that all the English clubs had pulled out of this.
This really would have been the final nail in the coffin for us fans, football really isn't the game that it used to be. I think there's far too much money involved nowadays and for me this really has ruined the love that I used to have.

Don't get me wrong I still love the game but definitely not in the way that I used to, for instance, we have a cup final on Sunday and a few years back this week would have been filled with excitement for it, not so much now.
So I assume you're a spurs fan?

I've got the same really. Watching leeds vs Liverpool on Monday as a neutral supporter was perhaps one of the most depressed games I've ever watched (yes, even more depressing than that 6-1 defeat against you lot:p), it just felt so meaningless. At the same time I believe the club itself (coaching staff, players, club staff) isn't to blame since they were as much in the dark as we we were. And most importantly they've spoken out against it. So I'm going keep supporting my club this weekend, purely for the players and the coach. But at the same time I hope the government can finally implement a law where 51% of the club has to be owned by fans, that way we can finally get rid of people like the glazers and Levy (and all the other owners).

Good luck in the final next week:thumbs: