Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Three Thousand Years of Longing

Tagline: What would you wish for?

Genre: Fantasy, Drama, Romance

Director: George Miller

Cast: Tilda Swinton, Idris Elba, Kaan Guldur, Ece Yüksel, Zerrin Tekindor, Erdil Yaşaroğlu, David Collins, Alyla Browne, Nicola Mouawad, Angie Tricker, Hayley Gia Hughes, Jason Jago, Seyithan Özdemir, Burcu Gölgedar, Berk Ozturk, Ogulcan Arman Uslu, Pia Thunderbolt, Matteo Bocelli, Lachy Hulme, Megan Gale, Jack Braddy, Aamito Lagum, Aiden Mckenzie, Aska Karem, Shakriya Tarinyawat, Hugo Vella, John Puckeridge-Webb, Anna Adams, James Dobbins Jones, Tendai Dzwairo, Randolph Fields, Amelia Patomaki, Sarah Houbolt, Callum Moran, Shane Miller, David Paulsen, Tahlia Crinis, Melissa Jaffer

Release: 2022-08-24

Runtime: 108

Plot: A lonely and bitter British woman discovers an ancient bottle while on a trip to Istanbul and unleashes a djinn who offers her three wishes. Filled with apathy, she is unable to come up with one until his stories spark in her a desire to be loved.

Yeah, it's good, but kind of depressing and flat and pointless.
Meanwhile another movie starring Tilda Swinton spanning a few centuries feels wondrous and evokes positive thoughts, is Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive, which I recommend if haven't seen yet.

George Miller should just hurry up with all those Mad Max plans while he's alive himself.

Yeah, it's good, but kind of depressing and flat and pointless.
Meanwhile another movie starring Tilda Swinton spanning a few centuries feels wondrous and evokes positive thoughts, is Jim Jarmusch's Only Lovers Left Alive, which I recommend if haven't seen yet.

George Miller should just hurry up with all those Mad Max plans while he's alive himself.
Loved ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ and there a good, strong parallels here. I thought Tilda was typical Tilda-great here, but Idris impressed me more than I thought he would/could. I found it somber, sure but I wouldn’t say depressing. And yeah, it’s not full of surprises, but I did feel it had a point. A touching one. Not typical for a GM film, but again I was impressed.

All that said: hell yes, this isn’t going to be everyone’s cup of tea. I get that!

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database