[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: To Catch a Killer (2023)

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

Director: Damián Szifron

Cast: Shailene Woodley, Ben Mendelsohn, Jovan Adepo, Ralph Ineson, Rosemary Dunsmore, Jason Cavalier, Mark Camacho, Darcy Laurie, Karine Dion, Arthur Holden, Richard Zeman, Adam LeBlanc, Sean Tucker, Erniel Baez Duenas, Dusan Dukic, Bobby Brown, Mark Antony Krupa, Michael Cram

Release: 2023-04-21

Runtime: 119

Plot: Baltimore. New Year's Eve. A talented but troubled police officer is recruited by the FBI's chief investigator to help profile and track down a mass murderer.

to_catch_a_killer.jpeg

Reactions: Billy Talent
An excellent serial killer film like I haven't seen since the late 90's, early 00's period, with smart dialogs and an engaging storyline.
The opening reminded me of The Watcher with Keanu Reeves and James Spader, only there was no Rob Zombie music, because 20 years later everything sucks, but it was close and exciting enough. A great, grand, nicely filmed opening sequence that immediately pulls you in.
Those looking for 'wokeness' and 'leftist agenda' will certainly find elements of it here, so that is a detraction. I wonder if that is forced by studio as a contractual obligation - sign it and do this, or you don't get a production 'green light' and a distribution deal... :rolleyes:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database