Top Gun (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection #156) [Czech Republic]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 9, 2020 (Standard SteelBook) - December 3, 2021 (FAC)
Purchase links: BD - 4K - FAC
Price: 599 CZK (BD) - 999 CZK (4K) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Full Slip XL - 501 copies
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

top2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What is that "Fullslip XL"????

It’s an X-Large Fullslips.

Since now film arena for their FAC line likes to include High Quality full size Art Cards and as well as the Character Cards. There is a Collector Folder to hold both of these sets of cards as well as a full Size Binded Booklet.

So with the inclusion of the “Collector Folder”, the Booklet + the Steelbook with usually a Magnet Lenticular on the Steel so the slip needs to be larger to include all of theses Bonus Items.

Many do not like them as they take more room...but I just love them as I love Bonus Items(huge part why I collect these collector editions). They are very popular with the majority of collectors and they are mostly what FAC produce for their numbered editions.

So with the FAC XL editions you get a full package with everything included inside. No side envelop sent because some bonus cards would not fit inside the slip.

:thumbs:

For those who do not know and interested, there is an Amaray limited edition including the 3D Disk. I find it weird as FAC are strong with including the 3D when available :wacky:

Recieved an email this morning from Filmarena regarding my order, the release date has changed to 'comes in 237 days' :angry:

Steelbook release date change to placeholder December
The actual date not decided yet is a paramount decision
The wrong aircraft was used on steelbook design
should be a F-14
Paramount have to do new artwork
Affects all retailers not just FilmArena

The WWA Steelbook release is postponed until paramount fix the design

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k and gAnX
Steelbook release date change to placeholder December
The actual date not decided yet is a paramount decision
The wrong aircraft was used on steelbook design
should be a F-14
Paramount have to do new artwork
Affects all retailers not just FilmArena

The WWA Steelbook release is postponed until paramount fix the design
Thanks for the heads up @paulboland appreciated

Reactions: paulboland
Really dissapointed its not being released until Dec 8th
Change of release date of the steelbook is paramount only just redone the steelbook new design a few days ago so May release date was impossible.

Paramount then would of had to resubmit the new design to Scanavo who then provide a timeframe as to when steelbook can be made and the stock be provided to the distributor.

It's very likely paramount had already got the steelbook stock with wrong artwork from Scanavo or at least the sample steelbook with original release date been May and then they decided not to use this steelbook.
Wrong fighter on artwork should have been spotted before that design was given to scanavo and would have avoided the need to redo the steelbook design

Reactions: gAnX and DMD4k
thanks, @paulboland for the updates and info. :thumbs:

personally, i am still amazed they got the planes wrong at all. :facepalm: for me, it's the same level of non-existent fact-checking that would also be worth commenting on if they put an Ewok on the poster for an Empire Strikes Back cover - anyone with a passion for the subject would immediately know it was wrong. could have probably saved themselves a lot of money.

you just need people who know what they are doing. ;) :LOL: