paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 23, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - Zoom - HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Finish: Gloss w/ debossed title.

51fAe7jfGyL._AC_SY400_.jpg

TR.jpg

/SPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
There looks to be a US release coming on December 8th which doesn't have text on the steelbook but instead has a clear slip (like the mondo slips) with the Title & Schwarzenegger written on it.View attachment 484084
As soon as a US pre-order is available, I'm cancelling my Zavvi order. This steel looks much better without the text. I'm also hoping the US steel has better inner artwork with full color.

I'd also prefer the slip version from the US, not only because the text is removable, but because the stars don't randomly fade out on the back like on the UK version... although I guess that could just be a mistake with the mock-up.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Cancelled my 2 copies from Zavvi, which would have cost $85. The 2 copies I bought from Best Buy cost $43 and the steel looks better.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
There will be a lot of these coming back into stock at some point. I've read a ton of posts elsewhere from US buyers who ordered from Zavvi and have now cancelled their order since Best Buy is carrying a better version for almost half the price.

Reactions: Bar81 and DMD4k
This is already back in stock for pre-order. Seems that there were more than a few cancellations after the US steelbook got announced...

Reactions: Stygian
This is already back in stock for pre-order. Seems that there were more than a few cancellations after the US steelbook got announced...
Most of the cancellations would have been because it's also available to order from Amazon UK/HMV/Zoom

Zavvi had gone live to pre order before the other UK retailers went live

It will still sell out soon again on Zavvi as they would have been only allocated a set amount of stock as would the other UK retailers be

I’m in the same boat as a lot of people with this - cancelled and will order later. The SW SB just set me back a lot so if this is still in stock in the new year I will order it then.

I think when this is released and people see how nice it looks, it will sell out fast. You might grab a bargain when it becomes in stock item with codes but from the unboxing images it looks fantastic. The only thing that will hold it back is that it’s an older movie. Hope they did a good restoration. With true lies coming soon, some real classic action coming to 4K.

4K scan of this and Abyss was completed some time ago though Cameron has had no time to review and approve for actual release so don’t hold your breath.

Ah, right. Someone at Fox told me a while ago that they had no plans to ever release the Abyss or True Lies on blu ray but if it was because they were waiting for 4K then that would make sense

Ah, right. Someone at Fox told me a while ago that they had no plans to ever release the Abyss or True Lies on blu ray but if it was because they were waiting for 4K then that would make sense
True Lies has actually been released on Blu-ray in Spain
Available on Amazon

Yes, released middle of this year in Spain . . . hopefully a release elsewhere with English title is forthcoming:-
1605703667510.png
1605703749038.png

1605703947150.png