Toy Story 4 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (SM Life Exclusive) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: December 18, 2019
Purchase links: Weet - KimchiDVD - Nova - YesAsia (Pre-order on December 4 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $39.99
78361658_2550120328391143_1621423593885794304_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Part 4 of a 4 part series and its blu ray only. Whats the point. That would be like releasing a DVD version 4 years into blu-ray.
But studios have done exactly that with DVD back then. :p

4k is not as prominent in other Countries, let a lone its not growing at the rate BD did so it's to be expected for many BD only releases to still occur all over the world. :greyalien:

Reactions: Leafs17
But studios have done exactly that with DVD back then. :p

4k is not as prominent in other Countries, let a lone its not growing at the rate BD did so it's to be expected for many BD only releases to still occur all over the world. :greyalien:

Its a sad day when people would rather buy an outdated blu ray edition when there already are superior 4K editions on the market. Even worse the stream is a better quality than the physical. There is nothing about this release that is worth having. Will only collect dust and already is outdated as far as video quality compared to the stream and 4K edition.

Its a sad day when people would rather buy an outdated blu ray edition when there already are superior 4K editions on the market. Even worse the stream is a better quality than the physical. There is nothing about this release that is worth having. Will only collect dust and already is outdated as far as video quality compared to the stream and 4K edition.
Depending the Country you live in and your internet speed. And your access to Disney+ among other things. But yeah a pointless premium release when not doing others.

Depending the Country you live in and your internet speed. And your access to Disney+ among other things. But yeah a pointless premium release when not doing others.

Asia is leaps and bounds ahead of the USA when it comes to internet speeds. They have always been way ahead of the curve due to logistics.

Asia is leaps and bounds ahead of the USA when it comes to internet speeds. They have always been way ahead of the curve due to logistics.
Oh yeah? try streaming whatever you want in say North Korea, or perhaps China where not everything passes censorship. :p I get what you are saying, but do not forget where all the big six headquarters are located. Thus most all programs and things roll out here first. Their is a trickle effect and that's why 3d has still been prominent in other Countries while the USA killed it. Hollywood's agenda will always win as they have control and in Disney's case the keys to the kingdom. There will come a time when EVERYTHING 4k and hdr and beyond is only streamed and people will also wish they still had those discs. Cause they will have the control, and if they so choose to put something in the vault only to create marketing hype etc when they want to "bring it out" leading up to a new sequel etc years later it'll be the consumers who suffer and there wont be a damn thing anyone can ever do about it.

I personally still welcome Blu-ray releases a long side 4k releases because some movies I dont feel benefit as much and the 1080p still looks great to me. And thus the cost savings is worth it. Just this Black Friday best buy had blu-ray releases that had digital HD as well for $3.99. That's practically a rental price, so not a bad price to pay for one those movies you know isn't going to be great or a one-time watch candidate.

I think it depends on what you mean by "Asia". Parts of Asia, like Japan or South Korea or Taiwan or at least parts of China (like Hong Kong) or better parts of the Middle East (Qatar) are probably roughly equal or better. But that's actually a small percentage of the overall land area and population. Asia is huge and includes Mongolia, large chunks of rural Russia and China, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Uzbekistan, and even India. Hell, even most of southeast Asia like Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar aren't great. The US has good parts too, but it also has areas like Alaska and South Dakota and Wyoming.

What's worse is Zavvi had a different steelbook range for toy story 1 - 3, but for the 4th they have gone for the same artwork as the 4k steels... So out of sync

I didn't realize it was going to be holofoil—which is hilarious, because I'm generally pretty outspoken against holofoil. :) On this release, it looks pretty good (which I know I'm probably saying mostly because I own it and thus must like it). The front has spot-glossed title and characters on a holofoil background. The back cover is just all holofoil, which isn't as sharp as the front cover.

Overall, it's a beautiful release (except for the steelbook itself, of course), and exactly the right compact size I'd hope for if they do the rest of the series (which I really hope they do). I have no interest in XL-size FAC editions for each of the four movies, for sure.

DSC_6399sm.jpg DSC_6400sm.jpg DSC_6401sm.png DSC_6402sm.png