Toy Story Trilogy SteelBooks (Zavvi Exclusive)

Snollygoster

Creative | YouTube
Premium Supporter
Apr 13, 2012
ninjaweek-teaser-728-animated-gif.295665

The Prize
tstory123.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: While these are sealed, 1 & 3 have a slight dent on the front

How to win?
Q: Do you prefer Traditional or CG Animation?
Please explain why.

Terms

Worldwide Entry
1 post per member
Winner pays shipping
Winner chosen at random.org
Ends 26th Feb

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the give away. I'm a bigger fan of CG animation,because if it's done properly it can look like it can look like the characters are real,like for an example the live movie of the jungle book. Absolutely stunning work there

Thanks a lot for this GA.
Tough question. More traditional animation because that are the movies i saw as a child. But a lot of CG animated films are wonderful, too. The bottom line is: if the story is good very animated film is good regardless the art.

Traditional,usually has a different vibe and more emotive storyline. Plus traditional animation always reminds me of being a kid and watching Robin Hood on repeat.

It is a tough one because both can look amazing. Snow White is still astonishing after nearly 80 years. So I'm split on this one. But I'll say CGI has I can't have it both ways......

Big fan of 2D I grew up with it and I feel some of the best Disney films were in 2D.
Also Batman TAS

Thanks for the giveaway! :thumbs:

I think hand drawn animation still has a place in film making but CG is constantly moving the bar higher for stunning looking visuals.

Thanks for the great giveaway, @Snollygoster I do prefer CG animation because the limit are almost not there. The opportunities are nuts, and makes some great scenes in some films.

So long as it's done well and there's an artistic merit to it, I have no preference over the other. It's when they're cheaply done or rushed or lack production value and it sticks out and affects the overall enjoyment of what you're watching.

All 3 Toy Stories look great on that note. Thanks for the give away!

I like them both but I prefer traditional animation because you can feel the personality of the animator. Most CGI is colder and has less of the animators personality. I was working at a company that made posters for movies and along a wall was 10 posters, 9 were computer created and 1 was by human hand. None of us knew this but we all picked the one made by hand.

Thanks for a great giveaway mate!

I haven't got a definitive answer for that. I was brought up on traditional cartoons and they'll always have a place in my height especially the classic Disney ones. But I remember being in my teens and watching Toy Story and my jaw just dropped! Some pixar releases I couldn't imagine in 2D, Finding Nero being a classic example. I just think that there should always be a spot for either. Sorry bit of a copy out answer! :LOL:

Would go with more traditional movies, saw them in my childhood, loved them in my childhood. So it is probably for nostalgic reasons.

Great giveaway! :thumbs:

Used to really prefer traditional animation, but now I'm a huge fan of CGI. Films like Toy Story and Big Hero 6 really swayed me.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway. #BestWeekEver

It really depends on the film. A quality film from either medium is a quality film regardless, but I guess in general it would be Traditional because it's been more or less perfected whereas if you look at some older CG animated films you can tell they were early and are pretty rough.