Training Day (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 27, 2023
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on January 8, at 12PM UK time)
Price: £34.99
Notes: Premium edition extras: Exclusive Steelbook, Exclusive rigid slipcase, A3 Theatrical Poster, 4x Character Art Cards.
Special Steelbook Finishes: Overall matt, Spot gloss talent and title treatment (front) and police badge (reverse).

CEF3B0A6-3396-4B15-A8FF-6C56BC9EF826.jpeg

A1F13C8D-63AE-45E1-80BB-E42C4EF7C84E.jpeg

AB9E667F-A5D5-426D-830F-450556648BCF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped out of this one as i got old artwork steelbook for great price and in great condition. Otherwise would go with this artwork. Will just take amaray 4K now :D.

Way better than old one. Best thing there was glossy and embossing. But that couldn't save that artwork which was in majority bad.

Dropped out of this one as i got old artwork steelbook for great price and in great condition. Otherwise would go with this artwork. Will just take amaray 4K now :D.

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Think I’ve decided on this steel after seeing vids of both. I like both artworks and kinda sway more toward the other version but the finish is so much worse. Debossed bullet hole or not this looks better.

Denzel hawke and the car should of been spot glossed on the other version too

Watched the 4k last night, def worth the upgrade :thumbs:
Totally agree, really nice transfer.
It definitely is sharper, the old Blu-ray being one of the first releases on the format, more than 15 years ago, probably using a master they compressed to DVD, but you don't mind the orange tint, that wasn't there, ever?

I ended up getting the regular USA edition with slipcover - excited to watch tho, been hearing it's a major upgrade in PQ over the previous version
Did it really come in a Blu-ray case, or were those just review copies I've seen on YouTube?

Cancelled this and went with the french one to get the slip with the other steelbook, I don't like it when they repeat the artwork.

Pfft, ignore this guy, what an idiot. Saw the map steelbook in a video and decided to just keep the original blu ray steel instead, so reordered this one with the 15% off code and I'll swap the steels/discs out.

Pfft, ignore this guy, what an idiot. Saw the map steelbook in a video and decided to just keep the original blu ray steel instead, so reordered this one with the 15% off code and I'll swap the steels/discs out.
You have a different opinion fine but don't resort to name calling, it's childish and pathetic.