Tridon's 'PACIFIC RIM' Collection!

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Not only was Pacific Rim my favourite film of 2013 so far (read my HDN Final Thoughts 'review' for it here), but it's my newest creature-feature obsession. I have some amazing items on their way to me right now, so once they're all in hand, I'll start posting some pics of my newly-acquired collection.

Subscribe to this page if you're a Pacific Rim fan and you want to see some super-cool collectibles! :D

In the meantime, please check out and 'thank' my Peter Jackson's King Kong, Trollhunter, Riddick and Digibook collections. Links are in my signature! :thumbs:

-------------------------

THE COLLECTION... (click links below)

ROUND 1

ROUND 2

ROUND 3

ROUND 4

ROUND 5

-------------------------

And here's a YouTube video that I threw together showing off my haul of Canadian Blu-ray exclusives. Keep in mind when you watch my videos; I'm working with a piece-of-**** iPhone and ever since they updated to an Android wannabe, it's nearly impossible to properly center an image when recording. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• 179px-Gipsy_Nuclear_Vortex_Turbine_02.jpg
    179px-Gipsy_Nuclear_Vortex_Turbine_02.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Round 1

UPDATE - ROUND 1! :scat:

LEFT SIDE: Pacific Rim Press Notes from the UK; RIGHT SIDE: Pacific Rim PampHlets that were given away during the Japanese theatrical release.
full

TOP: Pacific Rim limited edition mouse pad; BOTTOM: Pacific Rim Room Keys that were given to guests at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
full

Official Press Kit from France.
full

T-SHIRTS - CLOCKWISE, LEFT TO RIGHT: Kaiju Fighter from TheYetee, Goodbye Apocalypse from TheYetee, My Little Kaiju from RIPT and Pacific Breach from RIPT.
full

T-SHIRTS - CLOCKWISE, LEFT TO RIGHT: Kaiju Anatomy from TheYetee, Kaiju Sake from TeeFury, Kaiju Hunter from TeeFury and Kaiju Breach from TeeFury.
full

T-SHIRTS - CLOCKWISE, LEFT TO RIGHT: JPA from TheYetee, Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Jaegers from Graphiclabs Tees, Kaiju Crunch from RIPT and Danger-O's from RIPT.
full

HorrorHound Magazine issue #42 featuring both King Kong and Pacific Rim.
full

TOP: Pacific Rim: Man, Machines & Monsters - The Inner Workings of an Epic Film; BOTTOM: Pacific Rim Official Soundtrack featuring music from Ramin Djawadi and Tom Morello.
full

LEFT TO RIGHT: Neca Action Figures Series 1 - Gipsy Danger, Knifehead and Crimson Typhoon.
full

LOTS MORE TO COME!!! ;)

Last edited:
Awesome dude! I have the soundtrack as well and Man, Machines and Monsters on order. Amazon ran out but it's supposed me in sometime this year. I mean that literally. EEK!

Edit: Holy Crap! EEK! I just got the email from Amazon that I'll have it between the 15th and 18, which always means a day before, so I'll get it this week! :oohyeah: That was a nice surprise. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
Awesome dude! I have the soundtrack as well and Man, Machines and Monsters on order. Amazon ran out but it's supposed me in sometime this year. I mean that literally. EEK!

Edit: Holy Crap! EEK! I just got the email from Amazon that I'll have it between the 15th and 18, which always means a day before, so I'll get it this week! :oohyeah: That was a nice surprise. :LOL:

That's awesome, man! You're gonna love that book -- it's a beauty! Very informative and inspirational as most reads involving Guillermo del Toro are. I can't wait for his upcoming art book. :scat:

Reactions: snsguy
DAMN Ken! EPIC Collection! :scat: And you're JUST getting started! EEK! I cant wait to see all your Steelbooks and Collectors Editions! :thumbs: Awesome dude, very awesome!

I fu**ing love that "Pacific Breach" Shirt! I want one :p

Reactions: tridon
:LOL: HAPPY PACIFIC-RIM-ON-BLU DAY!!! :LOL:

First off, I just have to share this PR-inspired photo edit that my brother made for me last night in celebration of Pacific Rim arriving on Blu-ray (if anyone is on Instagram and they want to follow his kick-ass art, his user name is thegentlemanbronco)...

photo.JPG

Now, onto replying to everyone's comments! :D

First, Ken you have gone NUTS. Second, looks great so far :D I really like like the yetee t-shirt.

Haha, thanks, man! Yeah, I've gone crazy. Luckily, the missus hasn't noticed the growing collection yet... though I'm surely the 10+ Blu-rays editions and towering Sideshow statues will eventually give it away. :p

DAMN Ken! EPIC Collection! :scat: And you're JUST getting started! EEK! I cant wait to see all your Steelbooks and Collectors Editions! :thumbs: Awesome dude, very awesome!

I fu**ing love that "Pacific Breach" Shirt! I want one :p

Thanks, Franky! Yeah, this is nothing yet. I still have a bunch of collectibles that I need to post plus all the incoming Blu-ray editions. :scat:

That LEGO set is awesome, too! I wish that was actually for sale. I'd buy one in an instant! :D

If I ever see that Pacific Breach tee again, I'll be sure to let you know!

sick collection Tridon!

My amateur PR collection consists of the NECA series 1 Jaegar's, series 2 Jaegar's are on it's way!

Nothing wrong with that collection! My NECA Series 2 are on their way, too. Can't wait for the Leatherback figure! The Gipsy figure from Series 1 is VERY hard to find now, too, so I'm glad you already own it. It's fetching quite a bit of cash on eBay, already!

Last edited by a moderator:
Round 2

UPDATE - ROUND 2! :naughty:

CLOCKWISE, LEFT TO RIGHT (all promotional items in Asia): Kaiju Bracelet, Survival Utility Bracelet, Bookmark
full

Various promotional post cards that were given out in Asia during PACIFIC RIM's theatrical release.
full

LEFT TO RIGHT: Neca Dog Tog Series - Gipsy Danger, Cherno Alpha and Striker Eureka.
full

Odd City Entertainment Series - James Fondike non-variant art print.
full

Odd City Entertainment Series - Todd Slater non-variant art print.
full

PACIFIC RIM by Yoji Shinkawa mini-poster.
full

Odd City Entertainment Series - NE non-variant art print.
full

IMAX Exclusive PACIFIC RIM poster.
full

Rue Morgue Magazine issue #136 featuring both Pacific Rim and The Last of Us.
full

Screem Magazine #26 featuring Pacific Rim.
full

Empire Magazine #289 featuring Pacific Rim and The Wolverine.
full

Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero -- a hardcover graphic novel prequel to the film!
full

CLOCKWISE, LEFT TO RIGHT: Pacific Rim Official Movie Novelization, original Cineplex Superticket from my opening night viewing of Pacific Rim, a PanPac decal and an unopened package of Pacific Rim trading cards from Asia.
full

A massive, collectible PACIFIC RIM bag that was given out during the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con.
full

PACIFIC RIM 'Anti-Kaiju Wall' Baseball Cap (promo item in Asia).
full

ILM (Industrial Light & Magic) gave their VFX (visual effects) crew two gifts after the completion of PACIFIC RIM; a T-Shirt featuring the Kaiju, Leatherback, and a baseball cap featuring Gipsy Danger's logo.
full

Future Shop Exclusive 3-Disc Blu-ray SteelBook [Canada].
full

Target Exclusive Blu-ray with Slipcover and Bonus Disc [Canada].
full

Last edited:
I went on to the PlayStation Network this morning thinking that I was going to add the digital Pacific Rim video game to my collection, but after playing the trial first, I'm sad to say that that game is nothing but a massive pile of Kaiju crap. Hannibal Chau would maybe want it, but certainly not me. I can't believe they screwed up a game with such an awesome yet simple concept.