Tridon's "Peter Jackson's KING KONG" Collection

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
As many of you know, I'm kind of a fan of Peter Jackson's interpretation of King Kong. I uploaded my collection photos to the user database a week or so ago, but I thought I'd re-post them in their own thread so more people can check them out. I have more items on order right now, so I'll update my collection photos as they arrive. :D

*Click spoilers to see photos.

--------------------

Clockwise from top to bottom: 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set (Hong Kong), Limited Collector's Edition PS2 Game Adaptation (U.K.), Limited Tin Edition DVD (Brazil), 3-Disc Deluxe Extended Edition DVD (Canada), 2-Disc Special Edition (Canada), and Walmart Exclusive with Regular Edition and Mini "The Making of King Kong" Book (U.S.).

picture.php

Clockwise from top to bottom: 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD with Film Cell (Italy), 2-Disc Limited Edition Steelbook DVD (Sweden), 2-Disc HMV Exclusive Special Edition DVD (U.K.), 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD (France), 2-Disc Premium Edition with Book (China), Comic Slipcover Edition DVD (Spain), and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD (U.K.).

picture.php

Clockwise from top to bottom: First Release Blu-ray with Slipcover (Canada), Universal 100th Anniversary Combo Pack (U.S.), Universal 100th Anniversary Augmented Reality Edition (U.K.), Press Kit CD, and Universal 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Digibook Blu-ray (Holland).

picture.php

Press Kit CD-Rom for Peter Jackson's King Kong (includes dozens of production photos and information).

picture.php

The Making of King Kong: The Official Guide to the Motion Picture.

picture.php

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries DVD Set (U.S.).

picture.php

Certificate of Authenticity from King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries.

picture.php

A better look at the 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD with Film Cell from Italy.

picture.php

The Film Cell from Italy's 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD is numbered. The number on my copy: 1 / 11,686.

picture.php

The pocketwatch that's contained within the 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set from Hong Kong.

picture.php

The pocketwatch (opened) from Hong Kong's 2-Disc Limited Edition DVD Gift Set.

picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - DEC. 01/12

NEW ADDITIONS! :LOL:

From left to right: G1 Blu-ray/DVD SteelBook (Germany), Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-ray (Germany) and Oscar Edition DVD (Germany).

picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - DEC. 07/12

Today's additions come courtesy of bigrob (thanks for your help, bud)! :D

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (Japan)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Numbered Velvet Limited Edition (Scandinavia)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

3-Disc Deluxe Edition Digipack (France)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

2-Disc Edition Digipack (China)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

---------------​

UPDATE - APR. 16/13

New additions! :D

Sketch Journal (U.S. Best Buy exclusive) and Blu-ray/DVD Box Set with Postcards and Poster (Spain).
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - MAY 28/13

Had these for a while, but finally took some photos! :D

Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong
picture.php

King Kong Deluxe Extended Edition Gift Set (U.S.)
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - JUNE 04/13

Kong Fighting V-Rex Numbered WETA Statue
picture.php

Official Souvenir Magazine
picture.php

New Zealand Stamp Collection
picture.php

---------------

UPDATE - JUNE 24/13

---------------

UPDATE - JULY 20/13

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind words, guys, and thanks to HDN for finally posting this King Kong Award!

Franky, an extra big thanks to you. "Thanks again for being a kick ass inspiration, you're an awesome dude and a great friend!" That was a really great thing to wake up to and read. I'm glad that I inspire you and I'm glad your wife introduced you to HDN after seeing my collection. I couldn't imagine this place now without you around it! :thumbs:

I've always dealt only with Blu-ray/DVD editions and it's usually only for Peter Jackson's version of the film, but like I said earlier, I'm proud of my collection and I'm happy that I can share it with all of you. :)

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Thanks for all the kind words, guys, and thanks to HDN for finally posting this King Kong Award!

Franky, an extra big thanks to you. "Thanks again for being a kick ass inspiration, you're an awesome dude and a great friend!" That was a really great thing to wake up to and read. I'm glad that I inspire you and I'm glad your wife introduced you to HDN after seeing my collection. I couldn't imagine this place now without you around it! :thumbs:

I've always dealt only with Blu-ray/DVD editions and it's usually only for Peter Jackson's version of the film, but like I said earlier, I'm proud of my collection and I'm happy that I can share it with all of you. :)

Damn Ken! "I couldn't imagine this place now without you around it! :thumbs:" That actually brought a tear to my eye, I really appreciate that. I cant imagine not being a member here. I fu**ing love this place! :LOL: I'm also thankful Mrs. Bloodsnake007 found HDN for me! :thumbs:

LOL! You may not be Mr. Jackson, but I know he'll be proud of your Collection! :scat: You hairy bastard!!! :hilarious:
IMG_0708.jpg

Last edited:
Damn Ken! "I couldn't imagine this place now without you around it! :thumbs:" That actually brought a tear to my eye, I really appreciate that. I cant imagine not being a member here. I fu**ing love this place! :LOL: I'm also thankful Mrs. Bloodsnake007 found HDN for me! :thumbs:

LOL! You may not be Mr. Jackson, but I know he'll be proud of your Collection! :scat: You hairy bastard!!! :hilarious:
IMG_0708.jpg

Bastard?! Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just because you have embarrassing photos of me most likely printed out and framed next to your Kong collection doesn't mean you can go around throwing out the B-bomb! :angry:

;) :p

Bastard?! Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just because you have embarrassing photos of me most likely printed out and framed next to your Kong collection doesn't mean you can go around throwing out the B-bomb! :angry:

;) :p

:hilarious: Crazy KEN!

That's exactly what I'm going to do! Just you watch! EEK! You're going to be added to my collection! You can be its protector, kind of like a scarecrow for the corn fields! :p Don't worry, I wont put you in a cheap dollar store frame... maybe a $2 Wal-Mart frame! ;)

Reactions: tridon
:hilarious: Crazy KEN!

That's exactly what I'm going to do! Just you watch! EEK! You're going to be added to my collection! You can be its protector, kind of like a scarecrow for the corn fields! :p Don't worry, I wont put you in a cheap dollar store frame... maybe a $2 Wal-Mart frame! ;)

As long as it's a $5 Walmart frame that's been rollbacked to $2, then that's fine. :thumbs: