True Romance (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 19, 2021
Purchase links: Steelbook - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook) - £39.99 (Deluxe)

0.jpg5.jpg
4.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm, (by putting the blu-ray disc in) that it is region free? Zavvi's listing says region free, but the disc says B. Also, the UHD disc doesn't say a region on it, is that region free??

Thanks.

Just want to check as I ordered a 2nd copy yesterday for my bro (who lives in the states) and don't want to give him it and it doesn't work

Can anyone confirm, (by putting the blu-ray disc in) that it is region free? Zavvi's listing says region free, but the disc says B. Also, the UHD disc doesn't say a region on it, is that region free??

Thanks.

Just want to check as I ordered a 2nd copy yesterday for my bro (who lives in the states) and don't want to give him it and it doesn't work
UHD disc is always region free at this stage and probably ever after. And pretty sure the Bluray disc is region B locked no matter it is remastered or otherwise.

Reactions: davhyl

Thanks.

Blu-ray Disc is Region B locked and was expected to be as Arrow Video don't have USA distribution rights

When arrow do a release if a film has rights with another distributer outside UK/Ireland it will be region B locked
Sometimes a mistake happens and a release is region free but that did not happen with this release

Some USA blu-ray players though you can use remote trick to play region b locked titles

4K UHD disc though as usual is region free

Reactions: jc2ssych and davhyl
UHD disc is always region free at this stage and probably ever after. And pretty sure the Bluray disc is region B locked no matter it is remastered or otherwise.
There were a few region locked 4K discs, so it’s possible. Hopefully it will not become a widespread problem.
So far all Arrow’s 4K discs were region free.

There were a few region locked 4K discs, so it’s possible. Hopefully it will not become a widespread problem.
So far all Arrow’s 4K discs were region free.
Those 4K UHD discs that was region locked was an error
Can't remember what country it was but the label for those releases affected admitted it was an encoding error
They was not meant to be locked.

Arrow Video 4K UHD releases are region free

It's only Blu-ray discs that will have region locking depending on distribution rights outside UK

Last edited:

It's only Blu-ray discs that will have region locking depending on distribution rights outside UK
Wish Zavvi would have listed it correctly, I shouldn't have to ask people here etc.

Guess I'll be returning that copy then and get him something else.

Wish Zavvi would have listed it correctly, I shouldn't have to ask people here etc.

Guess I'll be returning that copy then and get him something else.
Does he have a 4k player? If he does, then no real need. The content of both the 4k and blu-ray discs are exactly the same.

Those 4K UHD discs that was region locked was an error
Can't remember what country it was but the label for those releases affected admitted it was an encoding error
They was not meant to be locked.

So far there are 4 confirmed locked 4K releases:
- Greenland 2020 ( Nordic countries release Region B locked)
- Death Wish 2018 ( Nordic Countries release Region B locked)
- Outpost ( US release - Region A locked)
- Weathering with you ( US, Shout Factory, Region A locked).

So far there are 4 confirmed locked 4K releases:
- Greenland 2020 ( Nordic countries release Region B locked)
- Death Wish 2018 ( Nordic Countries release Region B locked)
- Outpost ( US release - Region A locked)
- Weathering with you ( US, Shout Factory, Region A locked).
Weathering with You was shout decision they been asked why locked no reply yet
UK release from Anime Ltd 4K disc was Region free but Blu-ray yes was Region B locked

Outpost from screen media looks like that was an encoding mistake but that's tbc

The 2 Nordic releases was an error

Just about to say the same thing. Grrr. Guaranteed mine will be left in the bush, outside my house, half hanging out of the single polly bag it's been sent in. Fml
They won’t even deliver mine. They refuse to deliver to my flats. I’ve told zavvi this before and they switched my bigger orders (vinyl etc) to Royal Mail. I’ll have to contact them. Hermes have lost 5 packages of mine because of all this in the last 2 months. I’m f**king fuming zavvi have done this

They won’t even deliver mine. They refuse to deliver to my flats. I’ve told zavvi this before and they switched my bigger orders (vinyl etc) to Royal Mail. I’ll have to contact them. Hermes have lost 5 packages of mine because of all this in the last 2 months. I’m f**king fuming zavvi have done this
That is absolutely sh*t bro. Utter shambles. Hermes deliver here, daily usually with all the Mrs' random orders. But they do literally leave stuff shoved in the bush outside if I'm not home.

Reactions: Flloydo
Might be okay for me then. Fits through with ease, or did they have to really ram it in? Assume just in a pollybag?
I have a standard letterbox, it came through with no visible damage to the cardboard box it came in. The box was similar to what Amazon used to use. Basically the standard Zavvi packaging for steels, but slightly bigger and brown, if that makes sense. Pretty much like below style:

1627458857733.png