True Romance (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 19, 2021
Purchase links: Steelbook - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook) - £39.99 (Deluxe)

0.jpg5.jpg
4.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a standard letterbox, it came through with no visible damage to the cardboard box it came in. The box was similar to what Amazon used to use. Basically the standard Zavvi packaging for steels, but slightly bigger and brown, if that makes sense. Pretty much like below style:

View attachment 512718
Ah great, thanks. Best case scenario then really. Good news.

Reactions: davhyl
that sucks :O hope they can sort it out for you...

thats how i expected dpd to deliver mine.. but this time they spared by copy luckily... not 100% mint but good enough

View attachment 512798
Lucky you! Atleast one of us lucked out. If they can't get a replacement I'll just take the refund. I'm not keeping that for their usual pittance partial refund offer, it looks awful in hand.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Lucky you! Atleast one of us lucked out. If they can't get a replacement I'll just take the refund. I'm not keeping that for their usual pittance partial refund offer, it looks awful in hand.
it took quite a while to get the white boxes for regular steelbook releases, but now we need the equivalent for those arrow releases... id say 90% of my arrow LE purchases come with some sort of annoying damage

Really? Where did they mention this?
I swear it's been posted on a few threads here, I'd struggle to find or reference them though, hopefully another IRE/EU member will be able to fill in the blanks for you. I did find a reddit post with an EU buyer who updated his progress after contacting zavvi..

Screenshot_20210729-145448_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: BluSteel2012
My copy's been sent by FedEx... WTF?

I guess I'm looking at import duty and fees on top @paulboland? :facepalm::angry:
You won' have to pay vat as Zavvi pay the courier themselves
Zavvi arrange the vat be paid to revenue in EU countries when an item is shipped from a UK warehouse at no extra cost to customers
Your order was shipped from UK Hut warehouse based in warrington

Brexit and everything you need to know
Will I have to pay any addiditional tax

Zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.

For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.

For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you.

Fastway will deliver your parcel

The tracking page list 2 couriers
Carrier view more tracking

Tracking on fastway won't work until they receive the parcel

Takes about 8-10 days to be delivered

Also If you not already noticed prices in Euro has increased a lot since Juy 1st on Zavvi website it now includes EU Vat

I have contacted Zavvi to remove UK vat first before they apply EU vat they not done this yet

Last edited:
You won' have to pat vat as Zavvi pay the courier themselves
Zavvi arrange the vat be paid to revenue in EU countries when an item is shipped from a UK warehouse at no extra cost to customers

Zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.

For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.

For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you.

Also If you not already noticed prices in Euro has increased a lot since Juy 1st on Zavvi website it now includes EU Vat

I have contacted Zavvi to remove UK first before they apply EU vat they not done this yet
Thanks Paul.

Reactions: paulboland
You won' have to pat vat as Zavvi pay the courier themselves

I have contacted Zavvi to remove UK vat first before they apply EU vat they not done this yet
does that mean theyre not shipping from guernsey or what do they mean by „distribution centre within the EU“? because Guernsey is definitely not within the EU and i was paying VAT almost everytime...

it would be awesome if i didnt have to pay VAT anymore from zavvi orders (did not have to pay for true romance)

does that mean theyre not shipping from guernsey or what do they mean by „distribution centre within the EU“? because Guernsey is definitely not within the EU and i was paying VAT almost everytime...

it would be awesome if i didnt have to pay VAT anymore from zavvi orders
It applies to orders shipped from UK warehouse

The UK warehouse is based in warrington it's the Hut warehouse

If you do get hit by customs for vat contact Zavvi they willl refund you that payment anyway

Prices in Euro's increased on Zavvi website since July 1st if you not already noticed
The price increase is to cover EU vat

Zavvi though should remove UK vat from price before the EU vat is added to price

Example I ordered Dune before July 1st the price was €52.99
After July 1st the price on Zavvi website in Euro's increased to €59.99

The UK Stering price remains the same £44.99

It applies to orders shipped from UK warehouse

The UK warehouse is based in warrington it's the Hut warehouse

If you do get hit by customs for vat contact Zavvi they willl refund you that payment anyway

Prices in Euro's increased on Zavvi website since July 1st if you not already noticed
The price increase is to cover EU vat

Zavvi though should remove UK vat from price before the EU vat is added to price

Example I ordered Dune before July 1st the price was €52.99
After July 1st the price on Zavvi website in Euro's increased to €59.99

The UK Stering price remains the same £44.99
i would assume that they dont remove UK vat to subsidise higher shipping costs for international orders