Mediabook U-Turn (Blu-ray Mediabook) [Germany]

Oct 9, 2019
Release date: February 24, 2022
Purchase links: JPC - Koch Films Shop
Price: €24.99

1078492_3D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Oh, wow, I love this movie, went 3 times to theaters on high school weekends, buying tickets for something PG13 and sneaking in.
18-rated means problems again, as they won't ship it internationally, or even to a shipping forwarder, gotta ask them to buy it personally.

Reactions: tono06 and komor
Much slang in this one. I bought the french version just to see it again in HD, but had to give up. I undestood almost nothing and no subs yey. Have to buy it again then.:joy:

Much slang in this one. I bought the french version just to see it again in HD, but had to give up. I undestood almost nothing and no subs yey. Have to buy it again then.:joy:
Really? Don't remember, haven't watched it in 10+ years, but I was growing up in LA, so it's the British slang and accent I have a hard time with, like just now with Last Night in Soho. That one did have subtitles though, which helped. :wacky:

Sean Penn is hard to understand ,because he is very damged in this movie, J-Lo is ok, but then with the other guys it is difficult, especially the mechanic and some others.

Really? Don't remember, haven't watched it in 10+ years, but I was growing up in LA, so it's the British slang and accent I have a hard time with, like just now with Last Night in Soho. That one did have subtitles though, which helped. :wacky:
Sean Penn is hard to understand ,because he is very damged in this movie, J-Lo is ok, but then with the other guys it is difficult, especially the mechanic and some others. The English subs would have helped. Good that Kochfilms brings some haha. Is it so hard to create some subtitles of the original language for such a release. This lazyness of the labels is awkward. It belongs to a Collector´s Edition imo.

Anyone eventually buy the Amazon version of this, @komor ?
There doesn't seem to be any photos or 'unboxings' of it, and I was wondering, if it's different inside, from the 'regular' mediabook. Maybe it's even G2 size?

Anyone eventually buy the Amazon version of this, @komor ?
There doesn't seem to be any photos or 'unboxings' of it, and I was wondering, if it's different inside, from the 'regular' mediabook. Maybe it's even G2 size?
I´m busy at the time - nothing is going like it should be. The Mediamarkt Mediabooks were cancelled and the bunch of Koch-ones I ordered from Austria still didn´t arrive (probably shiftings of single releases).
:bag:

The U-Turn Mediabook I will buy only discounted or not, price is far too high and it is no horror-movie (which I mostly collect), so it has no priority. Did you get the Gunpowder Milkshake-one?

The U-Turn Mediabook I will buy only discounted or not, price is far too high and it is no horror-movie (which I mostly collect), so it has no priority. Did you get the Gunpowder Milkshake-one?
Oh, I see. I'll probably just order the non-Amazon one, if it's still available from a reseller, when I place the next order in a few days.
I did get Gunpowder Milkshake, had to wait for release day, then it was allowed to be sent to UK - cannot order to a German address because of the 18 rating. Same with The Hunt, and just today ordered Blitz with Statham. After that, altogether, including MantaLab's Her Aniv rerouted there, and some other stuff from France, will be hopefully shipped to me. Not waiting for all the end of May releases, will ship them separately.

Reactions: komor
I got a voucher of €5 for the shiftings of the scream release, so I will buy it now. Will make some pics when it arrives (hopefully undamaged):cigar:

Last edited:
Oh, I see. I'll probably just order the non-Amazon one, if it's still available from a reseller, when I place the next order in a few days.
I´ve seen an unboxing for the non-exclusive and it definitely looks better in hand than on the mock-ups. It has kind of a dark touch that looks quite good imo. Both are nice.:thumbs:

got it today - interesting
here quick pics
20150625_132649.jpg

20150625_132713.jpg

20150625_132728.jpg

20150625_132833.jpg

20150625_132746.jpg
Glossy finish, very glossy thick pages (glued) and all in all a solid one.
But everybody knows I´m a mediabook-expert and none of these specs are new and let me cold,
- but !!!
there is something new here and that is the finish paired with another production process of the book cover and that is really awesome.

It has a woven optic and the paper of the book-cover seems to be mixed with poly and leaves a much sturdier impression, than the normal full-gloss ones from Koch and the mask or so is very fine and it looks fantastic. Last difference is a kind of new glue method for the edges and looks like a stamping/pressing from upper end to penns head I would say and same below. This production process is well thought through and again - looks awesome. Another nice detail is that the discs match with the backround (I have to move that) . A pity that it´s not bounded - then it would be perfect. I don´t do recommendations usually, but here I malke an exception.:thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Informative
got it today - interesting
here quick pics
View attachment 532320
Glossy finish, very glossy thick pages (glued) and all in all a solid one.
But everybody knows I´m a mediabook-expert and none of these specs are new and let me cold,
- but !!!
there is something new here and that is the finish paired with another production process of the book cover and that is really awesome.

It has a woven optic and the paper of the book-cover seems to be mixed with poly and leaves a much sturdier impression, than the normal full-gloss ones from Koch and the mask or so is very fine and it looks fantastic. Last difference is a kind of new glue method for the edges and looks like a stamping/pressing from upper end to penns head I would say and same below. This production process is well thought through and again - looks awesome. Another nice detail is that the discs match with the backround (I have to move that) . A pity that it´s not bounded - then it would be perfect. I don´t do recommendations usually, but here I malke an exception.:thumbs:
Oh, great, thank you! Based on the photos, looks to be the same content on pages, as the other version, that has a video 'unboxing' on YouTube.