[UK] HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR Blu-ray Review

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Jonathan McEvoy reviews Hammer Films' Blu-ray of their classic HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR television series...

https://www.hidefninja.com/2017/10/24/hammer-house-of-horror-uk-blu-ray/

halloweenfest728.jpg

Attachments

• BD03-e1508674411414.jpg
    BD03-e1508674411414.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 453
Is this more gory, or more scary? Not really into the gore, but a big fan of 70's and 80's horror.
The TV series not as gory as the films but does have the hammer horror style and some of the actors from the films are in a few episodes

Fantastic TV series I would say you will like it
There was another TV series but that was not as good or do as well called Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense

Both TV series are like Tales of the Unexpected TV series and Journey to the Unknown with one been more towards horror themes and the other Mystery and Suspense

The TV series not as gory as the films but does have the hammer horror style and some of the actors from the films are in a few episodes

Fantastic TV series I would say you will like it
There was another TV series but that was not as good or do as well called Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense

Both TV series are like Tales of the Unexpected TV series and Journey to the Unknown with one been more towards horror themes and the other Mystery and Suspense
Not familiar with any of those, but as long as it's not "knives going through eyes", or "heads splitting open" gory, LOL, I'll add it to my list to check out. I am more into the atmospheric, suspense brand of horror in general.

Not familiar with any of those, but as long as it's not "knives going through eyes", or "heads splitting open" gory, LOL, I'll add it to my list to check out. I am more into the atmospheric, suspense brand of horror in general.
Then you will like the TV series it does have some horror :LOL::rofl: but not as hardcore as the films from the 70's 80's mainly because it was made for broadcast on TV this was made back in the days or mary whitehouse put a lot of pressure on what could been seen on TV

If you like Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1955) and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (1962) you will like Hammer House of Horror

If they was to do the TV series now in 2017 it would have lot of what you don't like to see as the censors are lot more relaxed as to what you can show compared to back in the 80's :rofl:
It's possible hammer might do this ;)

Then you will like the TV series it does have some horror :LOL::rofl: but not as hardcore as the films from the 70's 80's mainly because it was made for broadcast on TV this was made back in the days or mary whitehouse put a lot of pressure on what could been seen on TV

If you like Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1955) and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (1962) you will like Hammer House of Horror

If they was to do the TV series now in 2017 it would have lot of what you don't like to see as the censors are lot more relaxed as to what you can show compared to back in the 80's :rofl:
It's possible hammer might do this ;)
LOL, thanks Paul!

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland