Uncharted (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: May 9, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on February 11, at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

13645959-1064944345464910.jpg

13645959-7644944345571815.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to this, but I'm still bummed they didn't do it 10 years ago with Nathan Fillion as Drake. Missed opportunity.
Even though it would have never happened

I’d have loved back then Sony pictures taking a chance on Nolan North, Emily Rose etc and have them in the film with a big name actor for star power.

It's a bomb because it isn't a 100% die hard recreation of the game (which I know nothing about since I have never played it) or it's just a bad movie in general?
full disclosure, i haven't seen it, but i did see all of the trailers. :LOL: so that doesn't exactly leave me well-qualified to answer. still... :p it's either being marketed really badly, with all the high spots in the trailers - and those high spots were Fast & Furious serious overkilll CG silly - or it's just not very good. i like all the main cast, but for me this'll be a 'watch on TV' film.

Reactions: Stygian
Did anyone ask you to come back after you was banned and created a new profile?

Certainly not

Ouch ! I mean OUCH ! A bit below the belt, right ? Then again you have ZERO info what happened, was said between me and the mods when I was allowed to return. I did not just create new profile, so let's get that one straight, shall we ?!

I can take bantering and so on. But that was a rude and did not have anything to do with movies or what this forum is all about. So Thanks, pal ! Won't be bothering you anymore, so you can sigh of relief.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
It's a bomb because it isn't a 100% die hard recreation of the game (which I know nothing about since I have never played it) or it's just a bad movie in general?
Judging by what I've read it looks like both but more of the latter.

Reactions: Stygian
This was actually better than I thought it would be & is a pretty decent origin story. Considering how hard it is to adapt computer games faithfully this is a good attempt with a decent plot.

Reviews were always going to be crap, mulitple re-writes, directors, delays and then review embargo right up to release day.
Looks awful and I’ll confirm later today as I’m being forced to watch it tonight.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Well it wasn’t terrible, it got a little Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider bad in places but it was quite fun. I don’t think I’ll see it again personally though.

Reactions: Mararagan
Watched the scene in the plane with the crates and it looks exactly like the game. Action looks exactly like the game. The games are 4 of my favourite modern games. If people are really that bothered that it’s Tom Holland cast as Nate and wahlberg as sully then I don’t know what to say.
They wouldn’t be my first choices but it’s not that bad and it could of been much worse casting. And I’m not even that much of a fan nowadays of Wahlberg.

It’s supposed to be over the top ridiculous action. That’s literally why I’ll be watching it. And the element of the Indiana Jones style treasure hunt.

Unfortunately and ironically it’s always the over the top hardcore fans that ruin their own loved franchises..... last of us, anything Star Wars, marvel, DC etc etc so best not to listen to them half the time.

Watched this today and thought it was actually pretty good. I didn’t go into it comparing it to the games though as I’ve not played much of them.

Reactions: Nova