Uncharted - In theaters February 18, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
1.50 star(s) Rating: 1.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Uncharted

Genre: Adventure, Action

Director: Shawn Levy

Cast: Tom Holland, Bryan Cranston

Plot: A descendent of explorer Sir Francis Drake uncovers the location of the legendary El Dorado. With the help of his mentor and an ambitious journalist he works to uncover its secrets while surviving on an island filled with pirates, mercenaries, and a mysterious enemy.

I'm on the fence. Looks great as a fun action movie, but the casting is absolutely terrible... I don't buy Holland as Drake at all, since he's far too young and yet seems to be playing the role as if he's had the same amount of experience as older videogame Drake. Don't even get me started on Wahlberg playing Sully! That said, I'm hoping I can put all that aside and/or they win me over once I actually see the film.

It was fun throughout, much better, than similar films of late, but there are a few detractors. Like everyone double crossing everyone constantly. Or fighting over 10 billion dollars worth of gold, risking losing it all, rather than sharing, which surely would have been enough for everyone.
Still, it's more like National Treasure, Tomb Raider, which I like.

New PlayStation Studio animated logo at thebeginning, ala Marvel.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
So watched this last night... it was fine. I think you'd probably like it more if you never played the games.
Felt more like National Treasure than Uncharted.

It was entertaining. But also a frustrating experience. 6.5/10

I don't get Studios. They have no clue how to adapt things sometimes.
Tom Holland was the wrong choice for Nathan Drake. I was hoping he would do a good job, but he was nothing like the character.
I went a rewatched the Nathan Fillion fan film after and it made me sad that the perfect choice was right there and they didn't do it.

I also if you've seen the trailer. You've seen the whole film. Like literally everything. Even the END CREDITS SCENE is in the trailer!!!??? Like WTF?
I may have to stop watching trailers if this is what they are going to be doing now.