Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: June 18, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw the Best Buy Artwork earlier on in the day at BR :( what a dud :meh: @Noodles Concept FTW :cigar: well done champ you always bring your A-game and deliver the goods :notworthy::thumbs: can’t wait to check this film out at the cinemas should be a cracker of a film going by the reviews :cool:

Reactions: Noodles
Saw the Best Buy Artwork earlier on in the day at BR :( what a dud :meh: @Noodles Concept FTW :cigar: well done champ you always bring your A-game and deliver the goods :notworthy::thumbs: can’t wait to check this film out at the cinemas should be a cracker of a film going by the reviews :cool:
Thanks a lot man. :happy:

I agree the official art is very underwhelming unfortunately. (n)

Reactions: willbar84
Thanks a lot man. :happy:

I agree the official art is very underwhelming unfortunately. (n)

No worries bud, have high Regards for your concepts. I could just imagine if they all (or most) came to fruition I would be dirt poor :LOL: so it’s great to see what could’ve been :D

I was dreading the BB and / or Zavvi artwork reveal for Us thinking it would follow suit of the underwhelming Get Out Steelbook Artwork, so pretty gutted now two amazing Peele films with subpar artwork grr!!

Reactions: Noodles
No worries bud, have high Regards for your concepts. I could just imagine if they all (or most) came to fruition I would be dirt poor :LOL: so it’s great to see what could’ve been :D

I was dreading the BB and / or Zavvi artwork reveal for Us thinking it would follow suit of the underwhelming Get Out Steelbook Artwork, so pretty gutted now two amazing Peele films with subpar artwork grr!!
Haha thanks! :)

Hmm yeah, it's a shame. That's usually how these things go though... the best films get the worst steelbooks. :ugh:

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
Doesn't look too atrocious in these pics . . . the debossing of the scissors and the metallic shine on them are nice touches . . . having the scissors embossed thus making them more tactile would have been more pleasing . . . not one of the better black 'n' gold steelbooks and I can imagine how much better this would have looked in a gloss finish - even with the minimalist artwork - instead of what looks like a zero finish.
Conjoined silhouette heads mirroring the rings and shank of the scissors is a nice design touch:-
1560078945369.png
1560078357555.png

In the UK: maybe a gloss finish with no 'bossing (?)

Open:-
1560079043071.png
1560079059041.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CinemaDeviant
Doesn't look too atrocious in these pics courtesy Steelbookpro . . . the debossing of the scissors and the metallic shine on them are nice touches . . . having the scissors embossed thus making them more tactile would have been more pleasing . . . not one of the better black 'n' gold steelbooks and I can imagine how much better this would have looked in a gloss finish - even with the minimalist artwork - instead of what looks like a zero finish.
Conjoined silhouette heads mirroring the rings and shank of the scissors is a nice design touch:-
View attachment 431662 View attachment 431659

In the UK: maybe a gloss finish with no 'bossing (?)

Open:-
Gloss makes everything better, but at least a Zero finish is better than a streaky matte finish.

I agree embossing vs debossing would’ve been a better idea, but it still looks really nice.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia