Visions of Atlantis

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
VisionsOfAtlantis.jpeg

Discovered this band recently, really loved their whole pirate style, and especially their lead singer. Immediately wondered, who is that tall, gracious beauty with a long neck, hands, fingers, everything! The band is listed as Austrian, but of course she happens to be French, who else could be so awesome, with a rare name as if from the times of their scenic characters, Clementine Delauney. She looks best in those period long clothes.

Anyway, here are their three newest music videos, released 1-2 months ago.

Like this one a lot, and seems to be their main hit right now. Partially sounds like the Saw theme, with a couple notes changed, which is one of my all-time favorite movie themes.

Gotta add that this is from a Symphonic Metal subgenre, which is not for everyone, and is often unlistenable, being just noise and some roaring, but their music is very melodious, evoking feelings of a great blockbuster movie finale, and makes you wish it was actually used in such movies, instead of same old orchestral bore.

This one is like a short film!

Reactions: Billy Talent
Holy sh*t, nostalgia right there.
I first found them via a Music magazine called Rock tribune they always added a Compilation CD with like 12 or more different musicians.

Visions of Atlantis - LOST was the song on that CD and I loved it because I was into symphonic metal (nightwish, epica etc)
Found out later she died very young 27 years old I believe?
and before that another female vocalist died also Very young from the band ELIS Sabine Dünser aged 29 I think.

I still have an entire Box filled with compilation cd's from METAL HAMMER magazine, Rock Tribune, Rock sound magazine etc
Haven't kept up with VOA at all after her death but this looks really nice so gonna look into it, thanks for posting!

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yeah, the band itself is from the year 2000, but Nicole Bogner, original lead Austrian singer, died in 2012. There were a lot of different members since then, only the drummer is the same throughout, and this current group set is fairly recent, with Italian Michele Guaitoli joining in 2019, with Clementine herself being a part of it since 2014. She even moved to Italy recently, as I've seen from her posts, I think they're a couple or something.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Clementine joined her previous, other band Serenity for this live performance.
I love these celtic, irish folk melodies.